PDA

View Full Version : Randall's Rejects Kelloggs Q's

brokenomore
05-16-2009, 11:01:43 PM
I went to Randalls yesterday to get in on the $5 off 5 cereal deal. I never shop @ Randalls, but thought this was a good time to start. So I signed up for my Randall's card, rounded up my 5 boxes of cereal & a few other deals I found along the way. The cashier scanned all my q's with no problems UNTIL she got to the Kelloggs q's. She told me that she couldn't take these q's because the cereal was already on sale for $1.50 & if she used the $1/1q's it would make the cereal only .50 & she couldn't do that because "that would make the cereal too cheap". I told her the store was going to be reimbursed by the manufacturer for the q. She still said no. I was going to continue arguing my point, but I noticed on her name tag that she was the store manager/shift manager or something to that effect. So I figured I'd just be wasting my time. Needless to say, I left without my 5 boxes of cereal :sad:

As I said, I never shop @ Randall's. Is this normal?

letsshop
05-17-2009, 12:10:53 AM
I went to Randalls yesterday to get in on the $5 off 5 cereal deal. I never shop @ Randalls, but thought this was a good time to start. So I signed up for my Randall's card, rounded up my 5 boxes of cereal & a few other deals I found along the way. The cashier scanned all my q's with no problems UNTIL she got to the Kelloggs q's. She told me that she couldn't take these q's because the cereal was already on sale for $1.50 & if she used the $1/1q's it would make the cereal only .50 & she couldn't do that because "that would make the cereal too cheap". I told her the store was going to be reimbursed by the manufacturer for the q. She still said no. I was going to continue arguing my point, but I noticed on her name tag that she was the store manager/shift manager or something to that effect. So I figured I'd just be wasting my time. Needless to say, I left without my 5 boxes of cereal :sad:

As I said, I never shop @ Randall's. Is this normal?

That's really too bad; it would have made me angry! I would call Safeway and tell them what happened. Surely they will say it's ridiculous you were told that, and if they don't, call back until you talk to someone who does feel that way. Then ask if you can get a 10% discount put on your card for your trouble. Some stores offer this when there is a grand re-opening, but once a customer service guy offered me this when i was mistreated and told by a manager at one store that I could only use one like coupon per transaction. Plus, I was supposed to have gotten a catalina of a certain amount for the "home for the holidays" promotion....I purchased the right items according to their tags, but one of the items tagged wasn't really part of the promotion. Still, the manager of that store would not give me a catalina or a gift card for it.
Anyway, too much detail on that probably...but it pays to call the corporate office and tell them what happened, particularly when certain managers seem to be making up their own rules just because they don't like coupon usage.

cheesecake
05-17-2009, 07:16:27 AM
They should NOT have refused the coupon because you were getting it for almost free! We all shop for the cheapest we can get an item for. Call corporate and complain. I have noticed lately that Randall's seems to be getting better at being more competitive with Kroger. While you have the corporate folks on the phone - please ask them to consider doubling and tripling of more than one of the same coupon per transaction, like Kroger does.

Merczilla
05-17-2009, 11:24:17 AM
Unfotunately this is part of their coupon policy that's online now:

Safeway - coupons policy (http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/Coupons-Policy)

*snipped*
We will not accept Printable Coupons for more than 50% of a product's value. For example, a $2 off coupon will be acceptable for a product that sells for $5 or more, but a $2 off Printable Coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 will not be accepted. If there are exceptions, we are usually provided an advance notice by the applicable manufacturer upon which we will pass the appropriate savings, if any, onto you.

I have not had any problems yet at my store, but I don't think this is "fightable". If it's an insert coupon and not an IP, then you have an issue.

crisco2112
05-19-2009, 01:57:33 PM
It is fight able, Just do not shop there! Do not buy the item. Call HQ and tell them you have stopped shopping there and that Kroger, HEB, etc.. will get all your business! Why do they offer the printables on their website and they wont take them? do what I do print them and go to Kroger!

snfcook
05-19-2009, 03:03:19 PM
That policy is crazy!!! I used my IPs with no problems at my Tom Thumb! They have never stated anything like that to me.

I would definitely not shop at that one any more. There is only one assistant manager that has upset me about coupons and rainchecks at my Tom Thumb but I have never had a problem with any of the cashiers!

Good luck!

brokenomore
05-21-2009, 07:58:51 AM
I spoke with the corporate office today & was told that I should have been allowed to use 1 of the $1 coupons, but that is it. They do not allow the use of multiple like coupons, regardless of value.

Example: I purchase 3 Cambell's Soups, I can only use 1 Campbell's Soup coupon; not 3.

Cheesecake: I did ask for you & question about them doubling or tripling more than 1 of like q's would fall under this policy.

Letsshop: I was given a thumbs down on getting the 10% discount on my card.

I was told that the only time you cannot use a q with a sale item is if it specifically says so in the ad. If I am told otherwise, to ask for a store manager, not the shift manger/superivsor.

mpmama2re
05-22-2009, 07:27:59 AM
that is so wrong. 1 coupon!

today I used a $1 IP on the wheat thins that were 1.69... scanned fine and cashier said nothing.

welchmomx5
05-24-2009, 08:01:30 PM
Brokenomore: By chance were you at the Randall's at Hwy 6/Williams Trace? This is my problem store, that I have called corporate on 2 or 3 times already. What makes no sense from your conversation with corporate is: How can they tell their customers that they will only double or triple the first like coupon and the others are only taken at face value, if they tried to tell you that they will only take 1 like coupon, period?! They just contradicted themselves!! UGH!

brokenomore
05-24-2009, 08:21:10 PM
Brokenomore: By chance were you at the Randall's at Hwy 6/Williams Trace? This is my problem store, that I have called corporate on 2 or 3 times already. What makes no sense from your conversation with corporate is: How can they tell their customers that they will only double or triple the first like coupon and the others are only taken at face value, if they tried to tell you that they will only take 1 like coupon, period?! They just contradicted themselves!! UGH!

No, actually, I was at the store on New Territory Blvd.

proudparentof2&1/2
05-28-2009, 08:43:21 AM
I shop at the one on Hwy 6 and used all of my kellogs coupons. Did 2 transactions, however this was last week and I don't think any of the printables were for the same type of cereal.