PDA

View Full Version : Please note new rule RE internet printed coupons and electronic delivery. UPDATED 5/11/09

bugface711
05-05-2009, 07:39:27 PM
Please note the addition to the Rules for each of the trading forums.
These were added to the rules 5/4/09 and went into effect today 5/5/09

Internet Printed Coupons

Members are allowed to trade a limit of 2 each of all valid internet printable coupons. This is not per forum, this is per member.

If you traded 2 or more of a specific internet printed coupon in the past, you are able to trade 2 now under the new rule.

The exceptions to this as of 5/11 are as follows:

1) If more than one legitimate site hosts the same exact coupon and you are able to print 2 from each, you may trade more than 2.
You must include, in your trade post where the coupons were printed from.
Example: 6 widget coupons. 2 from the ABC company website, 2 from RP.com and 1 from such and such healthy eating website.

2) If the internet printable site resets and allows for a second round of printing, you can print 2 more and trade 2 more, but again, please note in your post that this is from the coupon reset.

The goal in this is to let members trading for your coupons know where they are coming from. We do not want "mystery IP's" traded here. If you do not know where it came from please do not trade it here.

Also, please note, if you decide to trade for multiple printables with one member without asking for the source of each coupon, we will not mediate a bad trade report if the coupons arrive and are not legit.

Electronic Delivery

You can trade only actual coupons in hand. If you have a coupon received in email or any other type of electronic coupon,you can not trade the link. You must print the coupon and mail it, this applies to all trading forums including Auctions.

Trade Post Archives

There is now a trading archive forum. (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/trade-post-archive/) It is listed with the trading forums.
This gives trading members one more way to be able to research the history of the member you are trading with.

katncaed
05-05-2009, 07:44:30 PM
So let's say a person has access to 6 computers that can each print 2 coupons from coupons.com/bricks/smartsource.com...the person can still only trade 2 of these.

Am I understanding you? Your post is a little vague...or is it ment to be vague...hmmm.

Does this apply to only the forum trading or PM'ing also. Like a person wanting 10 of a certain coupon, can they trade 6 of a certain IP to get the coupons they want, as long as they don't post it in the forum, but come to an agreement with another member through PM's.

nascar20fan2
05-05-2009, 09:35:30 PM
Ok a little rant here.
Let me start by saying I love HCW and think the mods do a great job.
But this new rule has me thinking...

I'm sure the new rule came from 2 auctions I recently had for Old Navy IP $75/$100 coupons. These are new coupons that reset each week. They have a one time use code on them. They aren't fraudulant or anything like that. I won them fair and square off the oldnavyweekly site.
I couldn't use them and since so many people were asking for them I thought "Great! I don't need it, someone else does, I need other things, let's see what happens."

I thought to email them to the winner of the auction since they have very quick expiration dates. (From Thursday to Thursday. But I actually won my last one Friday morning...) One of the mods suggested also offering snail mail due to the fact that a rule is you can't trade a coupon you don't actually have in hand. (Ok to me with todays technology an email is "in hand" so to speak. But anyway...) Both winners of my auction had it emailed to them and were very happy! Plenty of time to use them, no wondering if it would show up in time, quick and painless. My mail is so super slow here that to wait and mail it, I wasn't sure it would reach the winner in time.

I understand that we want to keep the coupons we trade or auction here legitimate and on the up and up. But this is a legitimate coupon that resets each week. A brand new one each week.
If I get lucky enough to win one each week and I don't need it, and there are folks on here that need one and can't win one, then why limit it to only 2 ever? Its not like a Bricks coupon. These reset each week with a new chance to win one.

And if the person that trades or winner of the auction would RATHER have it emailed instead of snail mailed then why not let them? :shrug7:Taking that option away seems unfair.

It just seems to me that in an effort to keep everything on the up and up, it sometimes goes a little too far the other way. Of course I will abide by this new rule even though I don't agree with it. I know if if I don't like it I can go elsewhere. But I love HCW, plain and simple. The good the bad and the ugly..LOL!

Ok everyone, rant over- bash away..lol..Mods I'm sure you guys have plenty to say on this too...

(PS I went ahead and put this in HUTC for the bashing that I'm sure is to follow...:whistle67:)

heyaheather
05-06-2009, 04:02:03 AM
The new rule is that you may trade only 2. You can print as many as you like, but you can only trade 2 of the same IP here.

Kelly Long
05-06-2009, 04:26:22 AM
Why did this new rule come about just out of curiosity, just wanting generalities to understand. Why would this hurt or was there some counterfeits? Thanks.

madamimadam1
05-06-2009, 05:11:56 AM
I just did an auction for the codes for free movie tickets that came on a catalina - do I need to mail the actual catalina or can I PM the code still?

Thanks!

tacatcon
05-06-2009, 05:47:34 AM
Hi Diane
if this auction was posted and closed before yesterday, it would fall under the old rules anyway BUT going forward if you are auctioning the actual code and you have not redeemed it yet, you can PM those codes. If you have redeemed it and have the link to print the free movie pass, you can no longer email those, you have to print and send. Hope that makes sense!

Supergirl9801
05-06-2009, 05:55:17 AM
I've got to be honest (and hopefully not get in trouble)....I think this rule is very unfair. I have access to multiple computers and am often wanting to trade or even often seeking multiple IP's and can't understand this limitation. Are we at least able to discuss multiple IP's via PM or is that restricted too??

tacatcon
05-06-2009, 06:01:59 AM
Why did this new rule come about just out of curiosity, just wanting generalities to understand. Why would this hurt or was there some counterfeits? Thanks.

I've got to be honest (and hopefully not get in trouble)....I think this rule is very unfair. I have access to multiple computers and am often wanting to trade or even often seeking multiple IP's and can't understand this limitation. Are we at least able to discuss multiple IP's via PM or is that restricted too??

First let me say noone will ever get in trouble for expressing their opinion in a nice way. ;) Our #1 goal is to protect all traders here and make sure you are not unknowningly passing counterfeit or fraudulently printed coupons through trades. There are several reasons this rule came in to place and people printing multiple counterfeit coupons is one of them.

The rule is 2 of the same IPs per trader, period. I think that over time you will see the benefits to the change.

melodyjg
05-06-2009, 06:45:44 AM
:poke:

BBgirl
05-06-2009, 10:08:38 AM
bumping to the top

Johnnychimpo17
05-06-2009, 10:17:21 AM
Have their been any thoughts to allowing more copies of IPs for traders over a certain feedback value? I have 5 computers (and in the process of buying a 6th, not to mention access to family members' computers), and being able to print multiple IPs is a HUGE advantage when trying to trade for poplular coupons (and quite frankly the only way I can trade for anything I really want). I understand that a couple of idiots ruin it for the rest of us playing by the rules, but I would hope there could be a compromise more towards the middle of the spectrum.

pixie1080
05-06-2009, 10:35:20 AM
I agree!

Have their been any thoughts to allowing more copies of IPs for traders over a certain feedback value? I have 5 computers (and in the process of buying a 6th, not to mention access to family members' computers), and being able to print multiple IPs is a HUGE advantage when trying to trade for poplular coupons (and quite frankly the only way I can trade for anything I really want). I understand that a couple of idiots ruin it for the rest of us playing by the rules, but I would hope there could be a compromise more towards the middle of the spectrum.

anothershopper2
05-06-2009, 10:42:04 AM
Trading stuff like Coke codes - that doesn't fall under electronic deliver right? I don't need to send the caps for example? Or do I? Thanks!

hrborn
05-06-2009, 10:48:37 AM
I will abide by this rule here at this site. With that said, I am disappointed by the new rule, and I respectfully disagree with it.

One of the reasons I really like HCW is that those running the site and the mods assisting are concerned about and take steps to ensure proper coupon usage. However, this new rule only ensures proper coupon usage with those who have access to one computer. I wonder what percentage of the HCW population that is? There are many of us have access to more than one computer and can legitimately print more than 2 IPs. Moreover, some coupons allow more than two prints (a recent example is the $1/1 select Kellogg's IPs that you can print legitimately from coupons.com and from kelloggs.com) and sometimes websites "reset" and allow 2 more prints per coupon (smartsource just did this with B1G1 Easy Mac and other Qs).

I think this new rule encourages those of us who trade multiple IPs to go elsewhere for this kind of trading, which is a bummer to me. I like HCW. I am familiar with the site and many of the people. I like that rules are in place and enforced. This rule seems a bit "over the top" for lack of a better phrase.

Thank you for listening.

Max_N_Me
05-06-2009, 11:28:46 AM
Hi I'm still a TNT and my understanding of this rule is If I have 4 kellogg's corn pops IP's and 4 J&J baby oil IP's then I can trade 2 of the kellogg's and 2 of the J&J. Is that right??

queenofthehivemomof5
05-06-2009, 11:32:48 AM
Hey guys I want to try and address some of your concerns.

The reasoning behind the new rules are this. The trading of printable coupons is a possible liability to HCW and as thus we want to limit it a little bit as best as we can to discourage folks from making copies of coupons. We have followed the rules of such sites such as eBay here in the allowance of 2 IP's. I fully understand that some of us have multiple computers and can print multiple coupons. I do it myself as I have 3 computers myself.

We do not control what arrangements you make via PM for trades. That is up to you and we do not monitor members PM's. This rule is about posts on the website, forums, groups and in the database.

If you can print 2 coupons from one website and 2 from another website, include the link in your post(s). This is not something we are going to be searching the forums for everyday and frankly it is going to be hard to keep track of. But our trading mods will be watching for it should the need arise.

So if you can get 2 IP's from Kellogg's website and then 2 IP's from Coupons.com just make sure you differentiate that in your posts.

And again, you can trade for more than 2 IP's via PM or email. We don't monitor that.

This rule was not created because of any one person. It is because we are taking some preventive measures here in regards to IP coupons. Nascarfan...I was not even aware of anything with the Old Navy stuff regarding you. As far as I am concerned that Old Navy promotion is a mess! LOL

As for the rule about electronic delivery. This means that you cannot offer a trade or auction and send the winner/other trader a link or a download. While we have never seen a problem with this at HCW of traders/auctioneers sending PDF's via email to winners this is again a preventive measure.

You can type out Coke codes, that is fine, you do not need to mail them.

Electronic delivery is links, documents and online coupon codes.

Bugface711 and I have discussed that exceptions can be made on a case by case basis and if you would like to see if something you have for trade can be allowed, then please PM bugface711 and ask.

The trading of printable coupons is risky, and we are trying to prevent that risk to our members as well as reduce our liability a bit.

queenofthehivemomof5
05-06-2009, 11:33:42 AM
Max N Me...that is right. Unless you got 2 from one site and 2 from another. If that is the case note the source of where you got them in your post.

Max_N_Me
05-06-2009, 12:15:10 PM
TY for the clarification, Queen.
So is it ok to state in our post?
(2 blah blah IP. PM me for additionals)
or something to that affect.

queenofthehivemomof5
05-06-2009, 12:57:34 PM
No, lets just keep your post to just 2 and if you want to mention via PM that you have more, then that is on you.

donnamcole
05-06-2009, 01:15:11 PM
Heidi,

This one is a big change. I will abide by the rules, of course, but yeah, I also have 3 puters at home and this is going to make trades tougher for many of us. And I have NEVER copied an IP coupon, and never would... I just get limited inserts and rarely find tearpads, etc. The ability to trade multiple IPs has helped me a LOT to form fair trades.

Anyway, I thought you might want to sticky this thread... it has slipped down a few times. Wouldn't want to see anyone unintentionally violate the rule by missing this.

Donna

junebug30523
05-06-2009, 03:04:47 PM
I too must say I am extremely disappointed with this decision, but will abide by it. I was able to trade for quite a few excellent Pup-Peroni IP's for the Publix sale this last week and actually posted that I wanted to trade for these IP's (similar to the Huggies $5/1 IP's recently). Only being able to trade 2 q's per trader will make this a very undesirable trade because it won't be worth the postage to mail them. Guess we will need to get creative on these and include "wish list" items, etc. to make it worth our while.

What about RAOK's? Can we only offer two IP's on them?

nascar20fan2
05-06-2009, 03:21:18 PM
What about the IP coupons that reset? I know coupon.com recently reset the Huggies $3 coupon and the oldnavyweekly resets every week. If the coupons reset is it still only 2 ever?
Also my issue was an emailed coupon from a site. Its not a link or download or pdf, its actually in the body of the email. If I had another auction like the one I had, could I state I would pm the seller the coupon and mail it or would that be a no no too?

hrborn
05-06-2009, 05:04:15 PM
Heidi,

Thank you for the clarifications. So we can print and trade more IPs, but we can't advertise that we have more IPs. Are we allowed to accurately indicate what we have on our have lists?

Thanks,

Holly

tacatcon
05-06-2009, 05:29:11 PM
I too must say I am extremely disappointed with this decision, but will abide by it. I was able to trade for quite a few excellent Pup-Peroni IP's for the Publix sale this last week and actually posted that I wanted to trade for these IP's (similar to the Huggies $5/1 IP's recently). Only being able to trade 2 q's per trader will make this a very undesirable trade because it won't be worth the postage to mail them. Guess we will need to get creative on these and include "wish list" items, etc. to make it worth our while.

Yes

melodyjg
05-06-2009, 08:12:51 PM
:poke:

meggers
05-07-2009, 12:14:25 AM
up

queenofthehivemomof5
05-07-2009, 03:43:54 AM

You can ASK for more than 2 but you cannot offer more than 2, in any of the trading forums (RAOK, Auctions, trade, etc)

What about the IP coupons that reset? I know coupon.com recently reset the Huggies $3 coupon and the oldnavyweekly resets every week. If the coupons reset is it still only 2 ever?
Also my issue was an emailed coupon from a site. Its not a link or download or pdf, its actually in the body of the email. If I had another auction like the one I had, could I state I would pm the seller the coupon and mail it or would that be a no no too?

Let me discuss the resets and emails with buggy and see if we can come to some sort of thoughts around those two things.

Heidi,

Thank you for the clarifications. So we can print and trade more IPs, but we can't advertise that we have more IPs. Are we allowed to accurately indicate what we have on our have lists?

Thanks,

Holly

Have lists are limited to 2 as well.

Emmy's Mommy
05-07-2009, 09:31:40 AM
Here is a question that I don't believe has been addressed, and forgive me if it has. When you print Bricks IP's, you can also request to have them mailed. If they are mailed on the Bricks blue background paper, does the rule still apply?

If the answer is yes, then would the FREE Diet Dr. Pepper q's fall under that category? While the only way to obtain them was to sign up, it is still on the same paper as the mailed IPs.

I realize we are going to run into these types of situations and I ask simply because we have members with 10+ of these coupons available.

meems
05-07-2009, 09:37:10 AM
The problem I see if you are comparing ebay rules..ebay allows two PER AUCTION. They dn't limit the number of auctions.

tacatcon
05-07-2009, 11:46:36 AM
up

VivaciousJewelz
05-07-2009, 12:15:48 PM
Of course I respect the rules here at HCW, but I must say that I am sad because this will make it harder for me to trade for coupons I need. Thank God this didn't come about during the $5/1 Huggies IPs a couple months ago, or I would have been in huge trouble. But, of course I realize that HCW mods are just trying to look out for everyone and have everyone's best interests at heart, so I thank you all for that. :thanks7:

anaj06
05-07-2009, 12:27:18 PM
Wow, I am so disappointed with this; however I will follow the rules. I have 3 computers at home and 1 at work. I am just begging that you reconsider! I like the suggestion of being allowed to trade more if you have a high feedback (100+ even if that makes you more comfortable). Also, another thought, each legitimately printed coupon has a unique ID #....can't we just declare that each of the X number we are trading have different numbers...this would prevent copying if that is the concern.

Please, please reconsider....

joshmamabear
05-07-2009, 01:14:33 PM
Ten-Four on the new rules. I agree with the terms and will abide.

I have noticed proliferation of copied IPs, even colored ones! some are even from seasoned traders. Its hard to decipher copied IPs just by looking at them :(

morneau_grl27
05-07-2009, 04:19:40 PM
Wow, I never knew so many people had access to more than one computer. I feel very poor indeed now. I also want to make sure I understand this correctly, I can list in my wishlist that I am searching for multiples of a printable (ie: ISO: Kraft Easy MAc BOGO, as many as I can get) I'm just only supposed to trade for two at a time? And if I have printables I won't use, it's two listed only?

melodyjg
05-07-2009, 06:08:59 PM
Wow, I never knew so many people had access to more than one computer. I feel very poor indeed now. I also want to make sure I understand this correctly, I can list in my wishlist that I am searching for multiples of a printable (ie: ISO: Kraft Easy MAc BOGO, as many as I can get) I'm just only supposed to trade for two at a time? And if I have printables I won't use, it's two listed only?

Yes you are correct.

carisal
05-07-2009, 06:13:22 PM
so could we be infracted if we try to trade for more than 2 of the same IP from someone through PM? example: if I list on my ISO that I need lots of an IP and someone PMs me that they have 6 and I agree to that, if they were to send that to a mod or something would I get a w/i?

and if we list that we have 2 and someone contacts us about trading for them and I say well I actually have 4,(through pm) could we be w/i for that.

hrborn
05-07-2009, 06:55:24 PM
okay...now I'm getting confused.

Earlier, it was stated we could trade for more than two via PM (just don't go public with it). Then it was asked whether we could trade for only two at a time and the answer from a mod was yes.

So.....which is it? Can we trade for multiples via PM?

hrborn
05-07-2009, 06:57:07 PM
I thought I was dreaming it, but here is queenofthehivemomof5's statement:

"And again, you can trade for more than 2 IP's via PM or email. We don't monitor that."

and then melodyjg said we could only trade 2 at a time.

Hence...I'm confused.

kawasakigrl71
05-07-2009, 06:57:13 PM
Ok here is my 2 cents worth. I love love love HCW, I love the auctions And the trading forums. And with me being stationed overseas. I do not get coupons in the papers here. So my main chance of being able to aquire coupons to trade is to print them from the library here on base and they have 13 computers all with the coupon printers installed. So there goes that right out the window... :( But i will follow the rules and can only hope for change ( when the huggies ip's come out I was able to trade multiple for flat rate envies of expireds for the military. not any more) :(.
Ok i am done lol. but
HCW I still am loyal to you. And will remain that way.

melodyjg
05-07-2009, 08:00:44 PM
my fault...I read that she was questioning what she can do on the board...please disregard and stick with what Queen said.

thanks.

smiles
05-08-2009, 02:00:12 PM
I agree with the new rules about trading IPs.

I started to question a few IPs that I have gotten recently in trades. Also just seeing how much more that have been fraudulant coupon problems lately especially with IPs. I have been one to mostly trade inserts and rarely trade IPs because few stores take them around here anyways, so they new rule doesn't bother me much. I have access to 3 computers at home but never just print out coupons to trade other than if someone can use them in a train, and then only 1 I send.

bugface711
05-08-2009, 02:32:25 PM
We are working now on imlementing some of the suggestions made by everyone to make this an easier transition.

We really are not out to hinder our traders, just keep the scammers off of hcw and protect HCW as well.

We all know that not all sites take any steps to keep the junk out... that gives us all a bad rap.

joyfulalways
05-12-2009, 08:04:17 AM
Thanks for looking out for us!

KrispyKrittersUSA
05-12-2009, 08:12:35 AM
I think the update on the 11th, is so cool! Thanks for being so helpful to us!

tori729
05-12-2009, 05:51:20 PM
Does this apply to extras in an envie? Say they only wanted 2 IPs but I sent 3 instead even though they asked for 4.