PDA

View Full Version : Key Ring Thing to combine loyalty cards

wildhorses302
04-14-2009, 01:10:32 PM
You can put up to SIX store loyalty cards on ONE card! Totally free. Said all applicable stores will accept it. Each store's scanner will recognize only its own bar code. You can still do shortcuts, cellfire, etc. since they're attached to the bar codes, not the card itself.
www.keyringthing.com (http://www.keyringthing.com)

homescrapper
04-14-2009, 01:59:34 PM
Has anyone done this??

I looks like it's a great thing but I'm alittle squimish about giving out all my reward card #'s. I know it's not like my credit card#or anything but one more way for someone to steal something from me... LOL

What do you all think???

susysnshn
04-14-2009, 04:40:30 PM
You know, what I thought this post was going to be about was getting a key ring just for your loyalty cards. They ARE a pain. I thought, "What a great idea." So I am going to go with that great idea. Lol. It would be easier to just pull out a ring of tags. It would also clean up my main key ring.

Thanks for the idea, even if you only helped me think of it. :)

notsyourbeezwax
04-14-2009, 05:37:42 PM
You know, what I thought this post was going to be about was getting a key ring just for your loyalty cards. They ARE a pain. I thought, "What a great idea." So I am going to go with that great idea. Lol. It would be easier to just pull out a ring of tags. It would also clean up my main key ring.

I already do this, and it is great. My main ring has only my car and house key on it. The only problem is, the card ring is ALWAYS at the bottom of my purse, hidden under a bunch of other stuff. I TRY to remember to put it in a special pocket after I use it, but generally I just drop it back in my purse while I am doing all of the other stuff I do at checkout. Still a work in progress.

I am not sure about this Key Ring Thing. I don't want to go back to using a regular card, but if I had only 1 or 2 cards, combining all of my other ones, that might be doable. I will have to ponder this one.

PennyRewards
04-14-2009, 10:40:33 PM
There is a fee to get a plastic card sent to you in the mail.

spewster1
04-15-2009, 07:43:53 AM
It is legit, I just watched this on Good Morning America within the last week, they were promoting it. I'm thinking about doing it, need to see the cost that someone mentioned first though...

lauralee_1
04-15-2009, 09:17:25 AM
I assume you can still go to Just One Club Card - Combine All Of Your Club Cards (http://www.justoneclubcard.com) and do this yourself. You select a store from the drop-down box and then type in the UPC code on the back of your card. When you're done you can print this out and cut it out. There's also a template for the little window holder. My boyfriend and I did this about a year ago and we love it. It also helps that I had bought him a laminating machine for Christmas, so we were able to protect our cards. Some guy created this; it's just a barcode-producer when you type in the UPC numbers. I read about it in Woman's World.

lalanpnut
04-15-2009, 09:38:11 AM
Nice idea, reps for sharing :) I keep all my cards in my wallet in their own individual plastic card slots... I'm uber-organized and hate dangling things lol!

PennyRewards
04-15-2009, 10:23:03 AM

This is what I do .. have a separate keyring for all my value cards .. the keychain is an Eeyore Pez fuzzy candyholder thing so it is large enough to find it if it does fall to the bottom of my purse instead of the pocket I keep it in (or try to) inside my purse.

PennyRewards
04-15-2009, 10:32:34 AM
It is legit, I just watched this on Good Morning America within the last week, they were promoting it. I'm thinking about doing it, need to see the cost that someone mentioned first though...

I do not think there is a fee to do the card/program but if you want a PVC/plastic card sent you by the Key Ring Thing, there is a fee with that. Otherwise, if I recall correctly, you can print out one and that is free :rolleyes24:

I didn't read much about it last night but do recall "temporary" cards are free, the card you print out is free, plastic card sent to you in the mail is not free.

DebbieDH
04-15-2009, 10:58:09 AM
I just ordered 3 & cost $4.97 Great idea!!!

DrPrimo
04-15-2009, 11:59:24 AM
Be careful. The registers at Giant Eagle have read my Speedy Rewards (from Speedway) before and purchases were applied to that "Advantage Card". The GetGo pumps would not recognize the Speedy card though.......

sandi169
04-15-2009, 07:33:04 PM
KeyRingThing images, downloads, temporary cards, and physical cards are free. Due to current demand, a small fee for processing and handling mailed physical cards only, will be charged. We intend for this to be temporary. Thank you for being part of our community, and enjoy all your upcoming savings and convenience using KeyRingThing cards!

Fees for mailed cards are: 1 card = $1.97, 2 = $3.97, 3= $4.97, 4= $5.97. They don't have any sponsors yet, so all 3 cards are currently identical. When they get sponsors each of the 3 cards will have a different sponsor that you can choose from. I believe that once they get sponsors the "processing" fee will go away. You also have the option to save the card to an IPhone or device.

jeanmpt
04-15-2009, 07:58:18 PM
I am like lots of other people and have all my card on a separate key ring.

Virusfdu
04-15-2009, 08:56:40 PM
Wifey keeps all hers on a separate ring on her carabiner. Suv is on one, her car another, parents keys another, house/mailbox another, and rewards programs another. Big old pile of keys is hard to miss but you only need the coupls to drive the car and not put extra weight on the steering column (which can ruin the starter slot).

Not so sure about paying to have tem put together on one card. Or that the savings from remembering the card will pay for the cost. Most palces have a courtesy card they will swipe which means the only thing you may miss out on is gas rewards.

LadyPurple
11-24-2012, 06:12:09 AM
My grandson works for Walmart and he said several people come in and use the combined key card for their purchases. It really works and he has recommended that I do the same. He said he would ask one of the people what company made theirs to be sure to get to a safe place to purchase it. I will talk to him again tomorrow.

couponsmakecents
11-24-2012, 06:17:47 AM
This is what I do .. have a separate keyring for all my value cards .. the keychain is an Eeyore Pez fuzzy candyholder thing so it is large enough to find it if it does fall to the bottom of my purse instead of the pocket I keep it in (or try to) inside my purse.

I have all my cards on an actual key ring really helps.

MizMoneyPenny
11-25-2012, 07:12:40 AM
I keep mine on a keyring with a snapshackle, and that is attached to my car/house keys. Sometimes, we take Honey's truck, so I just take the card ring with me, and leave my keys at home. I also have an app on my SG3 that will do this, but I'm too lazy to get out all my cards and read them in. I attach the snapshackle to the zipper or strap ring on my purse.

october333
07-12-2013, 04:54:07 PM
We use the ap on our smart phones called "key ring" and it is great!!!