PDA

View Full Version : This weeks AD 03/04 - 03/10 (Buy 5 Save $5)

dgarza
03-03-2009, 06:14:45 PM
The Buy 5 Save $5 is back at Randall's this week. It says on over 50 items, the only ones in the ad though are:

Quaker Life 15oz - $0.99
Kellogg's cornflakes $0.99
Post Rasin bran 20oz - $1.49
Post Fruity Pebbles 13oz - $1.49
GM Honey Nut Cheerios 12-25oz - $1.99
Kellogg's frosted mini wheats 18 oz - $1.99

Prices shown are after you buy the 5.

If anyone finds out what the other products are please include them in this thread. Also I don't have time to do the coupon match-up so if anyone else could that would be great!!

kdawn1124
03-04-2009, 11:12:03 AM
I just went on my lunch break and made sure I got the ones that were marked on the shelf and it did not take the $5 off. The customer service cashier said it was only the ones pictured in the ad and I told her that was incorrect that it says over 50 different kinds and she rolled her eyes at me. I asked for the store manager and she was so sweet and got it fixed. So watch out and make sure it rings up right.

dgarza
03-04-2009, 12:40:20 PM
Thanks for that, I'll make sure I take my AD with me when I head on out. It definately says Buy 5 Save $5 Mix n Match Sale on over 50 items.

FreckleTown
03-04-2009, 02:27:32 PM
What a pain! I think I'll skip Randall's this week. Not in the mood for any coupon drama.

cheesecake
03-04-2009, 03:11:37 PM
Randall's can never get a promotion done right!

dgarza
03-04-2009, 03:44:40 PM
What a pain! I think I'll skip Randall's this week. Not in the mood for any coupon drama.

Wish I could but I need near to free cereal.

favoritern
03-04-2009, 05:37:02 PM
I did this deal today. I bought 5 cereals mixed, two being post cereals. Not only did I get the $5 off but then I got a catalina for purchasing the post cereal for $2 OYNO. Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

LaLabrowneyes
03-04-2009, 07:56:31 PM
I got 9 boxes of Kellogs Corn Flakes 1 Cap N Crunch for $2.60 we love cereal :giggle2: I plan on stocking up.

kdawn1124
03-05-2009, 08:02:47 AM
I went to a different one last night and the $5 came off perfectly. The cashier even made a good comment about my low total.

Guera
03-05-2009, 09:37:16 AM
Randall's can never get a promotion done right!

You are so right! We have Tom Thumb where I live which is part of the Safeway/Randalls chain and the two stores by my house never have the same items marked with the promo tags. It is frustrating and sometimes not worth the hassle.

dgarza
03-07-2009, 05:12:50 PM
I did this deal today. I bought 5 cereals mixed, two being post cereals. Not only did I get the $5 off but then I got a catalina for purchasing the post cereal for $2 OYNO. Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

That's Great! I'm sending my DH out tonight to buy some. I've had such a busy week that I've yet to make it to Randalls. My kelloggs coupons arrived today too - just in time!

dgarza
03-07-2009, 07:02:02 PM
We got 10 boxes of 12oz cornflakes for $2.90, BUT also we have enough tokens for two FREE DVDs because each box has a token and an offer (I'm Repping my DH lol). AND .. I can get a $3 REbate on the movie Meet Dave. Not too bad for a quick stop at Randalls. They also let DH use 10 like coupons without a fuss.

julieandhailey
03-09-2009, 12:43:57 PM
I went and finally did this deal lastnight! I was grateful until I checked out and the cashier was being a total jerk!! Needless to say I will never shop at the Randalls in The Woodlands ever again! I was completely embarrassed and humilitated. She was so rude when I asked if I could do a separate transaction about that time an older couple walked up behind me and heard everything and he was really mad he caught me in the parking lot and was thinkfully on my side!! I called corporate and reported her butt this morning! I've yet to receive a call back from the manager but when I do...lord help him..and her for that matter!!:mad37:I don't really let snide comments and looks get to me when it comes to my couponing but when you are slamming my bags down into my cart and acting like a total idiot and talking really loud and demeaning me in front of other customers...I go off like a light!:hysterical:

cheesecake
03-09-2009, 12:52:00 PM
I also shop the Randall's in the Woodlands. Customer service is sorry, sorry, sorry!! Every promotion is a hassle. I couldn't believe when they closed a bunch of the Randall's stores that all 3 in the Woodlands survived! Which of the 3 did you have the problem with?

julieandhailey
03-09-2009, 01:01:59 PM
I also shop the Randall's in the Woodlands. Customer service is sorry, sorry, sorry!! Every promotion is a hassle. I couldn't believe when they closed a bunch of the Randall's stores that all 3 in the Woodlands survived! Which of the 3 did you have the problem with?
Buckthorne Place
I was extremely upset..I wanted to fire off an email lastnight to corporate but I decided to wait until this morning to call so I could calm down. Well when I started talking about it this morning..it made me mad all over again! lol

cheesecake
03-09-2009, 01:09:50 PM
I usually shop at the one on 242 & 1488. My friend shops at Buckthorne Place and feels exactly like you! Everyone is so rude. She normally shops at HEB - but this Randall's is minutes from her house - so she does go there often. She says the store - at the meat department - smells awful and it makes her gag to go to that part of the store. I've noticed that the store I shop at always puts lots of leftover meat on clearance that has already turned green.

julieandhailey
03-09-2009, 05:43:12 PM
I usually shop at the one on 242 & 1488. My friend shops at Buckthorne Place and feels exactly like you! Everyone is so rude. She normally shops at HEB - but this Randall's is minutes from her house - so she does go there often. She says the store - at the meat department - smells awful and it makes her gag to go to that part of the store. I've noticed that the store I shop at always puts lots of leftover meat on clearance that has already turned green.
Thank goodness my sinuses are clogged!!:giggle2: This one is not really that close but I don't know where there other ones are. I swear we've lived out off Riley Fuzzel for over a year now and I didn't even know this Randall's was there until I looked it up online!!