PDA

View Full Version : Not buying anything for March

zansammommy
02-14-2009, 06:44:00 PM
My goal is to not buy groceries for the month of March, two paychecks. I have a twenty three dollar gc to Walmart so I will use that for milk and eggs. My freeze is full of meat and bread so I am covered there. My goal is to only spend money on a field trip, and lunch three times so under forty. That will leave me close to 350.00+ going into April. I will either use it for a credit card or to buy dirt for our spring garden.

Wish me luck! I figure if I post it I have to do it :wink7:

derketchup
02-14-2009, 06:59:30 PM
Good luck! :biggrin:

summermay
02-14-2009, 08:51:09 PM
:goodluck7:

snafu4me
02-15-2009, 11:42:31 AM
rooting for ya ~ where's the field trip to ??

zansammommy
02-15-2009, 04:31:35 PM
rooting for ya ~ where's the field trip to ??

Thanks. We actually have three. One is Friday to a Children's Museum that is having African Drummers and Dancers so it will cost ten dollars for the kids but I am the "free teacher". The second one we are visiting the local Wildlife fish hatchery. It will be free but might go out to lunch with our friends. The third is a play based on the Magic Treehouse book. I have already paid for the tickets at the begining of February. But might have to get lunch out due to driving times.

If I really plan well I think I can do this. :BigHand: Plus I will need to do it again in May so I have money for a HS conference I always attend in June.

I will keep everyone posted with my spending.

thanks

jillibean_1978
02-15-2009, 04:41:00 PM
Good luck and I will be watching and taking notes. I can't wait for the day that I can say I'm not buying anything except milk and eggs too!!!!!

dieselqueen
04-01-2009, 08:05:07 AM
How did you do?

zansammommy
04-01-2009, 04:12:43 PM
How did you do?

Well I bought stuff. :whistle67:
BUT I did really well. I spent about two hundred dollars and saved a hundred, having over 150.00 left over. Not as great as I had planned but I stockpiled alot of HB stuff. My dh now has 19 bottles of Irish Spring so he is good for awhile. We have alot of toothpaste and mouth wash I got on clearance. Plus my husband found a Mt Dew deal that we could not pass up since that is all he drink. And I found juice for the kids for the summer.

But I did do much better about outside food spending. I learned alot about planning with my coupons. I got over my fear of rain checks. Most of my totals the savings were as much as the totals if not more.

Next month should be better, after the kids are in bed and before LOST I plan on making a freezer list. I think if I meal plan I will be better.

Thanks for all the support. I realized I was dreaming big thinking we had enough stuff only to buy milk and eggs. But it got me focused. Maybe next month....:smile77:

hellokittygirl
04-01-2009, 04:13:57 PM
Well you still did really well! Congrats!

CouponSAHM
04-01-2009, 04:16:39 PM
You did great! I hope my first stockpile month is successful. I need to do it soon but don't want to go through the withdrawls of passing up the deals!! LOL

zansammommy
04-01-2009, 04:24:21 PM
Thanks!!! I figured I did about half of what I wanted to do. I wanted to save 350.00 but ended up saving 150.00 which is better than ever I have ever done before. :BigHand:

dieselqueen
04-01-2009, 07:12:07 PM
150 is still alot to save in a month. I usually save about the same amount as I spend. The lady at the register just tells me I saved over 50% and says "Good Job" and the people in line behind me just looked confused :hysterical:. I don't stockpile too many food items. It is only my son and I, but I do have plenty of the HBAs to go around for ourselves and family and friends!!:BigHand: Good Luck this month. Keep at it...