PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Challenge!

emstclair
02-04-2009, 07:15:27 PM
Goal: This year, I have several goals - 2 of which are to save money and cook more at home. I feel that these 2 goals go hand in hand, and if I can succeed at one, I will succeed at the other.

Help: Therefore, I am in need of your help. I would like to stick with a budget of around $5 per meal. My husband and I eat the same ole boring meals all the time and are looking for new things to try. If you have any recipes that you and your family enjoy, please post them (keep in mind the budget of $5 per meal) - this way others will be able to benefit from them as well!

Plan: I am going to *try* my best to post my weekly menu and the estimated amount for each meal, weekly. Also, I will plan out my weekly meals, including all of the ingredients needed, and make a weekly or bi-weekly stop at the grocery store.

Food: We like a lot of food, but are trying to eat healthier. We love pasta, chicken, vegetables, fruit, tuna, pretty much anything.

I really like to try to use the same food, but in different ways, every week. This helps me to cook less, and use less electricty (ie. save money) while cooking. For example, if I'm making italian chicken one night, I might also have chicken cacciatore another night, and cook all the chicken at once. I am also very open to once a month cooking as well.

Please keep in mind that the recipes don't have to be only dinner recipes; I'm also looking for breakfast and lunch as well!

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate any and every recipe that you contribute!