PDA

View Full Version : My challenge for 2009

momof4inmi
01-12-2009, 06:56:40 AM
I hope this is the right place to post this. Besides saving more money this year, my big challenge is to lose weight.
I have said this every year...lol. But this is it. I have had it with being overweight, tired, and frumpy looking. I hate being out of energy and not being to play with my children. I want to look good, feel good and have more energy. I also would love to get off of my insulin.
This came at the perfect time too. My community is doing a biggest loser type of contest. The top female and top male winner's get a gift package valued at $350.00!!! Woo Hoo!

So, yesterday I went and got *gasp* healthy food. I woke this morning and drank 2 glasses of water before breakfast and had some oatmeal for breakfast. I can do this I think.
Then I put the exercise DVD in....OMG!?! I did the warm up, but then I could only do 2 mins of the actual workout. How freakin sad is that?
I am going to put my weight out there for everyone....I'm hoping that will help give me the motovation I need to keep going. So here goes: 1/12/09 starting weight: 241 pounds...eck...I am only 5'2 so that is not a good look. Hey wait, maybe I am not overweight, just undertall...:hysterical:.

Well anyways thanks for letting me ramble.

chitownmelli
01-12-2009, 07:01:29 AM
Undertall, I love it and plan to use it.

About the 2 minutes into the video thing, I wouldn't worry about it. You put the video in and you started by warming up. That is more than you did yesterday, right? When we are out of shape (I'm sooo out of shape, that's how I know) our bodies love to protest our little activities, so hey, awesome job getting motivated! I know you can do it!!!

Hope you will keep us posted, and PM me if you need some moral support, or a swift kick in the pants to keep you going! :)

Bonniem
01-12-2009, 07:02:48 AM
I am with you. I have put on weight slowly but surely the past 4 years. I am 48, almost 200 pds at 5.61/2 That is unbelievable for me. I'm getting tight in the 16's... ugh. Okay, so my point is, I have a goal this year also...to lose 50 pds. If you want to encourage each other on, that would be great. I can update you and you can update me on your progress... I have an eliptical machine that I absolutely HATE, but know that I need to use.
Have you ever tried Alli? I bought some and never used it because I was afraid that I would get some of the side effects. How crazy is that!
I am going to start again today.

Thanks for your post... I needed to be reminded and hope to have someone that will want to challenge each other. :wavehi:

BankerBee
01-12-2009, 07:06:36 AM
I hear your pain. I also have resolved to this very same thing. I have done the lose 20 pounds, gain it right back when I stopped dieting. Although I never said that I was going to stop. This time I am determined as well. Maybe we can go down the journey together. I am 5'6 so I have a little height on you. We weigh the same. I started on Jan 5. Couldn't start before a Monday, could i? So far I have dropped 4 pounds. Just another 96 to go right? Actually this time I have changed by way of thinking. Instead of focusing on that big number, I am focusing on each day. What am I eating today, what excercise have I done today, etc. So far so good!

momof4inmi
01-12-2009, 07:27:22 AM
Thanks for the support everyone..
Melli: a kick in the pants will definetly be needed at times...lol
BonnieM: I have tried Alli in the past but I wasn't ready yet I guess. Still ate what I wanted, so yup some side affects. Gonna try it again when I can afford it, Tried to print the 10/1 q but can't print smartsource...oh well. Good luck
BankerBee: Start before Monday...Never.lol. i will keep everyone updated and if we all work together we can acheive our goals

chitownmelli
01-12-2009, 07:30:26 AM
fantastic! I have started today trying to lose my extra weight, so I will do my best to check in with you guys as well. You can kick me in the pants right back ;) (i love food) maybe kick me twice ;)

angeleyeza
01-12-2009, 07:47:13 AM
great! I signed up here for the lb for lb challenge Pound For Pound Challenge (http://pfpchallenge.com/) (link approved by mod)

momof4inmi
01-12-2009, 08:03:38 AM
I signed up for that last week...what a great way to help others!!

momof4inmi
01-16-2009, 08:28:29 PM
I weighed myself today: 235 woo hoo. 6 pounds, but I need to weigh in the morning. We all weigh less in the morning.

chitownmelli
01-16-2009, 09:18:35 PM
Great job! 6 pounds is a really big deal! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

momof4inmi
01-17-2009, 08:07:54 AM
Thanks Melli. I weighed myself this morning (it's when I normally weigh) and my weight is 233...so I have actually lost 8 pounds. I am so excited, I know some of it is water weight but I think that no longer drinking pop has really helped.

MamaVader
01-17-2009, 06:21:30 PM
8 pounds...:BigHand:

Teens&Tots
01-17-2009, 07:14:27 PM
Nice job - 8 lbs is fanatastic ! It's really a change in lifestyle rather than fad diets that do it - now to listen to my own advice - I'm almost 43 and when I hit 40 - train wreck! My metabolism was sky high before - now it doesn't exist! I have 4 children - I looked like a model (haha) after the first 2, then like I needed a boob job and tummy tuck after the 2nd 2 -------sooo, I too am inspired by your hootspa and am joining in - I won't supply my weight and height, although that would get me motivated I bet.....but I'm going to can the DPEP and go for water to start with and exercise! This will be 'fun' to weigh in periodically....KEEP up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!

momof4inmi
01-24-2009, 12:33:21 PM
Ok, so I had my weigh-in today for the local weight loss contest. Drum roll please......16 pounds!!!! I am now at 225 pounds. I am so excited.

terrortoys
01-24-2009, 01:11:48 PM
Great job.. Keep up the awesome work.. I am on the other side of things.. I am "slim" as I like to be called.. however I know how hard it is for me to gain weight I can only imagine trying to loose it.. I admire all of you. Obesidy runs in my family so I am trying to watch what I eat now incase my metabolism changes as I get older..

BankerBee
02-19-2009, 08:54:59 AM
Checking back in. I have lost 16 pounds, but took a week off for vacation. I started back this week with a real focus. I read on another thread where the are starting a coupon/weight loss support group at Spark People.com. Seems like it could be fun!

chitownmelli
02-19-2009, 09:56:14 AM
Great job everyone :) Keep up the great work!

loladooder99
02-19-2009, 12:40:55 PM
Dont feel bad about only doing 2 minutes of the video. I bought some videos about 4 months ago and only worked out for a week lol. Im not overweight but i'm very out of shape i don't work out at all. Im 5'4 130 lbs. I get so tired so easily and i stain myself picking up my 11 month old. Its hard to get the motivation but I hope you can do it.

puakinikini
02-19-2009, 01:08:33 PM
Ok, so I had my weigh-in today for the local weight loss contest. Drum roll please......16 pounds!!!! I am now at 225 pounds. I am so excited.

Way to go! 16 lbs is impressive. I am also working on my weight (finally - the baby is now 10 months old!) and I have found it really hard to stick with it. This is my third time losing the same 5 lbs since 1/1/09! I am really trying now though :)

momof4inmi
02-19-2009, 06:09:33 PM
Just wanted to say keep up the good work to everyone. I haven't weighed myself lately but I went from a *gasp* size 24 in Jan. to a size 20...can wear an 18 (just can't breathe)LOL.

lssugoalie
02-20-2009, 09:26:33 AM
Wow, keep it up!!

BankerBee
04-06-2009, 07:59:01 PM
Well, I haven't checked in for a while. I thought I would see how everyone is doing. I am so excited, I have lost 32 pounds. I can see the under 200 number in my very near future. I didn't think I would ever go under that number again. It's nice that it is starting to warm up. Kids are all playing ball, so I like to walk the track while they practice. Maybe I will get close to my goal before I say it is too hot to go outside & excerise. I hope everyone one else is having much success as well.

momof4inmi
04-07-2009, 04:56:50 AM
Woo Hoo!!! Way to go bankerBee!!! That is awesome, keep up the good work.

I kinda went backwards for a little bit but I am back on track. I gained about 5 pounds back but slow and steady wins the race, Right? LOL.