PDA

View Full Version : Which diet/life change plan are you adopting?

angeleyeza
12-30-2008, 09:50:15 AM
in 2009?? Im trying the South Beach Diet with slimfast dont know how it will work ouit but ill give it a whirl! LOL which meal plan life change are you making/doing???

sbp
12-30-2008, 09:55:40 AM
2 new healthy changes for the new year, since my dryer seems to be shrinking my jeans again. lol

My dad's gf gave us a manual treadmill this weekend and I'm going to start walking on it for at least 1/2 an hour a day, at least until it gets warm enough out to actually walk outside.

and I'm going to try to cut way back on the coca cola habit of mine and replace it with water... I'm realistic enough to know that I won't be able to give it up completely, but maybe one glass a day instead of a 2 liter bottle every two days.

ZabMom
12-30-2008, 10:05:34 AM
I think I may rejoin Curves. I am ready to lose my baby weight. As far as diet I think I'll start with just adding more water, not skipping breakfast, and keeping healthy snacks close.

lmk123
12-30-2008, 10:41:13 AM
I gave up dairy products. It is hard, very hard, because I love cheese and frothed milk with my espresso. And I am allergic to soy, too. :( But the pain in my feet has disappeared and I don't bloat & swell like I used to, so I am on board for good.

heartse
12-30-2008, 11:14:45 AM
I am going to do some stretching or weight lifting every night for 5-10 minutes... this is on top of anything that I might do at the gym. Every little bit helps... this will also help me get to bed earlier.

Oh, and I am going to start watching my points as well. I lost a good bit of weight on Weight Watchers, so I am going back to that since my pants have gotten much tighter lately.

rockhound24
12-30-2008, 11:35:06 AM
More doggie walks!!

angeleyeza
06-03-2009, 10:10:48 PM
so how is everyone doing on there lifestyle changes????

mom2one96
06-07-2009, 09:20:35 AM
I gave up diet sodas, started walking and exercising on March 23rd. So far I've lost 18 pounds and was able to buy size 16w pants for the first time in years! My goal is 20 pounds by vacation (June 20th) and 50 by the end of the year. I feel better than I have in a very long time!:giggle2:

mom2lucas
06-07-2009, 09:26:32 AM
I am drinking almost only water (with the exception of my lactation tea and a cup of coffee/day). I'm also keeping healthy snacks on hand and tracking my food and exercise on SparkPeople.com. I'm also exercising more.

christinalkc
06-07-2009, 11:18:22 PM
I used to eat plenty of junk food (chips, ice cream, pies.... etc) and no work out! That was soooo bad!

Now, I try to run 3-5 miles a day with 15 mins of weight training. Sleep 8 hrs a day.

Snack on low fat plain yogurt, hummus with pita bread instead of junk food... I drink 2-3 cups of green tea a day, 8 cups of water, 2 glasses of lactose free soy milk, plenty of protein, esp for lunch (egg whites, tuna, turkey lunchmeat)..... I eat every 2 hours.

I think weight wise I am okay. I just need to tone up! :-)

Cheers...

Mothernature
06-08-2009, 11:40:08 AM
I meet with a dietitian. She has helped me plan out a meal structure with maximum numbers per category (sodium, carbs, calories, etc). It is very hard to meet each category. I frequently find my sodium over the 2k limit.

I drink 10 calories fruit pouches, diet sodas, and water.

I look to exercise whenever I can. I take the stairs instead of the escalator, I walk at least 30 minutes a day x 5 days a week.

I've lost 3 pounds in the last week.

lbrown1618
06-08-2009, 11:58:26 AM
I just started a hospital-run program today. I'm not excessively overweight, but enough to make me wanna do something and South Beach didn't fly with me. I like this plan also because it incorporates the medical/psych/exercise aspects of dieting...so you can address whatever is your downfall and overcome it.

It part meal replacement (shakes,bars, oatmeals-all made by the diet mfr etc)...and the actual food meals are limited by categories like pp mentioned. But they can also tailor an all-food meal plan with just the category recommendations too.

During the 12 wks your on this plan you go to weekly group mtgs where a speaker talks on various diet subjects. That way by the end of the 12 wks, you've learned and changed your bad habits. Then they convert you to all food and you get "maintenance" access for life to the gym, dietician, psych, etc. They also offer cooking classes, and other supportive options.

I'm at 174 and want to get to 145.

TDONOHO123
06-08-2009, 11:58:32 AM
I've lost 50 pounds since Feb. I'm using sparkpeople.com to track my calories and exercise. I eat around 1300-1400 cals/day & walk about 5 miles 5 days a week.
I've fallen off a little in the last few weeks, but I'll get back to it soon. I've found out I can maintain without being super strict, so that's good news.
We have a team over at sparkpeople, it's kinda died here recently, but if anyone wants to come over we can start back up.

luvmy3boys
06-08-2009, 12:06:01 PM
Never heard of sparkpeople. I have been doing weight watchers. I have lost 21 pounds and am at my goal weight. I also run on the treadmill and swim laps. I exercise about 3 days a week, sometimes less. I have really changed my eating. The other day we had banana splits for a co-worker's b-day and they were so sweet. It was very hard to eat. I am used to not eating that much sugar!

Edited to add: It took me 2 1/2 months to lose that weight.

MrsPinecone
06-08-2009, 12:09:28 PM
I've lost 22 lbs on Weight Watchers since 2/17. I probably should start exercising, but I don't want to lose weight too fast since I am nursing. A little over 1 lb a week is fine by me.

Mothernature
06-08-2009, 12:31:15 PM
My dietitian recommended sparkpeople. I highly recommend it.

It is taking a bit of time to log all that I eat but it should ease in time. Apparently there are not a lot of east coast store brand eaters:giggle2:. Coupons do not exist for everything:whistle67:

I can see how much I've consumed in each category. The site also keeps track of exercise, weight, and measurements (neck, waist, and hips). I can print out daily, weekly, or monthly reports.

This is great for a doctor or dietitian to review and recommend.

TDO, I would like to join the HCW. How do I do this?

I lost 50+ pds before meeting with a dietitian.

wealthybarney
06-08-2009, 06:30:34 PM
Congrats to those losing weight. I am going to incorporate some of your ideas. I am trying to get healthier first, then the wt. will follow. I made up my own plan, with research & past experience.
I have only lost 5# in a month, prior to that was on very low carb diet & lost 30#, but felt ill. Feel so much better on this one.

I eat 9 servings of "Christmas Lights"/day. (I called it that to help DH to remember what colors he still needs at end of day.)
It is just my term for catagories of fruits & veggies. 1 Serving=1 cup raw, 1/2 cup cooked.
Right now, I am only eating raw, no starchy veggies.
2 servings daily-one veg, one fruit from each catagory: Red/Purple/Green Leafy & Green Cruciferous/Yellow or Orange. The 9th is one citrus/day, usually fresh lemon in water with my 1/2t of weird tasting Turmeric for the extra antioxidents.

I eat 2/3 serving size of my regular food-less carbs/fat.
Sometimes, I will not want to bother cooking & eat Lean Quisine. When I am starving, & want a lg amt of food-I will take 2 Lean Quisine Garlic Chicken & Spinach-add mushrooms & eat the whole thing for 380 calories, 16g carbs, 7 g fat.

During the day, I make myself what I call a "Feedbag".
I measure & put all veggies in a ziplock & carry it around with me-then it's over with & I get to eat fruit. I am not adjusted yet to so many raw veggies.
A late snack is usually plain berries.
I don't have those weird, intrusive food cravings anymore.

momof4inmi
06-09-2009, 06:15:18 AM
Good Morning everyone. I am eating the "eat to live" way. It's basicly a vegetarian diet. Plenty of fruits and veggies,No meats or milk products. It's hard but I have to get my blood sugar levels back under control. The hardest part for me was giving up my coca-cola...ack!!
As for my exercise....I am training for a marathon in October (pure insanity). Plus I use my wii fit.
Well good luck to everyone. Hope to see some more of you over at sparkpeople.

sns4063
06-09-2009, 06:42:55 PM
I have kept finding excuses (bad I know!!) to not diet/exercise. I am obese and sick of it! Sooo, my plan is Adkins, it worked in the past for me, and it's something I know I can do. All I have to do now is make time to go to the meat market and stock up on stuff that I can precook for lunches.