PDA

View Full Version : Contacting companies challenge. Who is with me?!

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 06:20:36 AM
I hardly ever contact companies for coupons. Well, today I'm going to spend alot of my time doing that. So, who is with me contacting people?

Post here if you're joining in, we can keep each other company all day while we do this.

:smile:

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 07:34:53 AM
I've only contacted like 7 people so far. It's felt like more though. So sloooooow.

Cin42382
10-24-2008, 08:19:45 AM
I'll join in! I will start when I get back from lunch though - who needs to work anyway LOL :)

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 08:24:19 AM
Yay!

Yeah, nevermind work, coupons is the serious buisiness, lol.

I'm taking a break during lunch and will probably run down to the library. Then allllll night tonight I'm contacting people. It's going to be SO much fun!!! I'm excited. (ok, trying to force myself to be excited, lol. It gets kinda boring after awhile of doing this, lol)

XUfan
10-24-2008, 08:25:34 AM
I wish I could join you, but I spent a lot of time doing this exact thing over the past couple of weeks! One morning, I put in about 3 straight hours!!

When you get tired of sitting at your computer, grab a notebook and browse through your pantry and hba storage closet. Write down every brand you can think of. Be careful though! Lots of things are made and/or distributed by one big company now, so you might find yourself on the same webpage more than once.

Also, try to think of any local companies. There are a couple of smaller bread companies near me, that only distribute to a small area. They love to hear that they've got loyal customers!

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 08:28:58 AM
I wish I could join you, but I spent a lot of time doing this exact thing over the past couple of weeks! One morning, I put in about 3 straight hours!!

When you get tired of sitting at your computer, grab a notebook and browse through your pantry and hba storage closet. Write down every brand you can think of. Be careful though! Lots of things are made and/or distributed by one big company now, so you might find yourself on the same webpage more than once.

Also, try to think of any local companies. There are a couple of smaller bread companies near me, that only distribute to a small area. They love to hear that they've got loyal customers!

Thanks for the tips Xuipoo! :D

It also reminded me to start writing down who I've already contacted so I don't do it again, lol.

XUfan
10-24-2008, 08:34:20 AM
Thanks for the tips Xuipoo! :D

It also reminded me to start writing down who I've already contacted so I don't do it again, lol.

No Problem Lady Mae!!

I forgot another tip!! When I was making my grocery list this week, my stepdaughter started looking at the ad. Next thing I knew, she was saying, "did you write to Dixie?....did you write to El Monteray?...etc."

So...look at your ads!! You might see something that you didn't think of! (And if it's something you can't use...I'll be glad to take it off your hands! LOL!!!)

shelleyf
10-24-2008, 08:38:14 AM
Use Autofill from the google toolbar to write the companies. It is free and such a time-saver. Just download the autofill toolbar fill in your info and voila you are ready to go! Some forms won't work with autofill but most do. I can write approx. 30 companies in about 15 minutes like that.

Cin42382
10-24-2008, 08:41:12 AM
My problem is just not knowing what to write. My normal "canned" message is something like this -

"I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much my family and I love your products. (One product in particular I like). Thanks so much for making such a great product.
If you have a mailing list, I would love to be added to it to receive coupons or information on new products"

But it sounds so fake

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 08:59:18 AM
No Problem Lady Mae!!

I forgot another tip!! When I was making my grocery list this week, my stepdaughter started looking at the ad. Next thing I knew, she was saying, "did you write to Dixie?....did you write to El Monteray?...etc."

So...look at your ads!! You might see something that you didn't think of! (And if it's something you can't use...I'll be glad to take it off your hands! LOL!!!)

Good one! thanks!

(and lol :P)

My problem is just not knowing what to write. My normal "canned" message is something like this -

"I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much my family and I love your products. (One product in particular I like). Thanks so much for making such a great product.
If you have a mailing list, I would love to be added to it to receive coupons or information on new products"

But it sounds so fake

I usually write something along those lines too. Purex I got a little creative on and asked for a sample of one particular detergent, the ultra concentrate natural elements apple and melon. I keep seeing it and wanting to try it, but I don't want to pay even coupon price for something that 'risky' to me cause perfumes and scents can really get to me. Purex is owned by Dial apperantly, which also owns Right Guard. So i asked for the sample, purex coupons, and right guard coupons all in one email, lol.

Cin42382
10-24-2008, 10:38:34 AM
so far since 1 :)

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 12:10:01 PM
I've done a couple more. Slowly but surely making my way through a bunch of posts in this thread (speaking of, I'll go bump it) http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/home-mailers/53-contacting-companies-complain-cheer.html

ETA: Or I bump it from the page I'm on and not realize others had already bumped it today >.< lol

chitownmelli
10-24-2008, 12:15:15 PM
sorry LLWipoo, I can't today. I WILL however contact companies tomorrow and think of you all while I am doing it ;)

Cin42382
10-24-2008, 12:24:34 PM
that's the thread I use too :)

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 12:30:35 PM
sorry LLWipoo, I can't today. I WILL however contact companies tomorrow and think of you all while I am doing it ;)

promise? :P

purplefdu
10-24-2008, 12:32:12 PM
I went through a good chunk of those the other day after opening a bag of Pecan Sandies that were rather brown on one edge (the whole bag too). So I sat down and dug up the info and decided to write to another couple while I was at it. I normally send whether we like it or not, our favorite feature/aspect and our least favorite or if we've had issues with a purchase of the product in the past.

I do have to say I am rather bummed that Oil of Olay didn't even send me coupons after a glowing review I sent them. They are the only face wash that clears up my acne (even though I use a non acne specific wash) and told them so and got squat, lol.

Might go through some more tonight, at least to write them out. I worry about them getting forwarded to the new address.

greenfrog57
10-24-2008, 12:42:00 PM
I started doing this this AM before I read your post, Lady! I emailed 3 companies this AM because 1 product I got was plain awful (Smart Ones breakfast quesadillas). I plan on emailing more when DD naps. ok-- if she naps.

Also, make sure to keep a spreadsheet and contact the great companies at the 3-6 month mark... Don't forget to email the companies to thank them for the coupons -- you'd be surprised how many send you more coupons! THe freebies are the best!

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 12:59:21 PM
:banghead:

:panic1:

This is going so sloooow. Jeesh! Blech. I'm up to 15 companies now.

I want ice cream >.<

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 01:00:12 PM
I started doing this this AM before I read your post, Lady! I emailed 3 companies this AM because 1 product I got was plain awful (Smart Ones breakfast quesadillas). I plan on emailing more when DD naps. ok-- if she naps.

Also, make sure to keep a spreadsheet and contact the great companies at the 3-6 month mark... Don't forget to email the companies to thank them for the coupons -- you'd be surprised how many send you more coupons! THe freebies are the best!

yay!!! I hope she takes a nap so you can get in on this :D

I want everyone to keep everyone motivated.

Or at the very least misery loves company and all that. heh

Cin42382
10-24-2008, 01:06:02 PM
definitely more work than pleasure LOL....I'm up to 10. I need a little break now - computer is making the all day sickness worse LOL.

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 01:14:51 PM
Awww :( Poor cinipoo. I hope you feel better, go take a little rest or something.

brixtonrileightaylor
10-24-2008, 01:43:18 PM
im in the process of emailing right now!

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 01:43:37 PM
im in the process of emailing right now!

Yay!!

XUfan
10-24-2008, 01:48:23 PM
OK...just so you know...I emailed 5 more companies today. I went to Kroger, looking for some vegetarian snacks for tonight. I wrote down some company names while I was there, and emailed them all!!

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 01:49:19 PM
OK...just so you know...I emailed 5 more companies today. I went to Kroger, looking for some vegetarian snacks for tonight. I wrote down some company names while I was there, and emailed them all!!

yay! XU participated with us! That's awesome :D

brixtonrileightaylor
10-24-2008, 01:53:21 PM
can anyone help me? im having a duh moment.. there is a marinara sauce that comes in a clear plastic container with a green lid..they also have a line of pasta. i just bought some a couple weeks ago and cant for the life of me recall what its called lol

for anyone who may need suggestions on who to email

here's who ive done so far

Tyson
Pilgrims Pride *this one sent a q for a free turkey once*
Hebrew National
Green Giant
Nature's Own
Klondike
Farm Rich

chitownmelli
10-24-2008, 02:02:30 PM
promise? :P
Oh yes, I absitively promise!!!

Jessi
10-24-2008, 02:11:38 PM
can anyone help me? im having a duh moment.. there is a marinara sauce that comes in a clear plastic container with a green lid..they also have a line of pasta. i just bought some a couple weeks ago and cant for the life of me recall what its called lol

for anyone who may need suggestions on who to email

here's who ive done so far

Tyson
Pilgrims Pride *this one sent a q for a free turkey once*
Hebrew National
Green Giant
Nature's Own
Klondike
Farm Rich

I believe it called Burtolli.:wink7:

brixtonrileightaylor
10-24-2008, 02:13:58 PM
I believe it called Burtolli.:wink7:

aah yes! LOL thank you...I was still sitting here racking my brain

Jessi
10-24-2008, 02:17:03 PM
Not too sure if that I how you spell it but anywho you get the point.

chitownmelli
10-24-2008, 02:27:17 PM
I snuck in one company ;) Maybe I will get to do more tonight after all !!!

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 03:50:51 PM
my butt hurts >.< and fingers too. No wonder I keep putting this off, lol.

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 04:44:14 PM
I'm done. I'm stopped on haagen dazs in Sweets post in that thread. Oie. All in all I did get

purex, right guard, johnsonville, twinkies, egglandsbest, skintimate, on-cor, edys, boca, del monte, heinz, honeysuckle white, jolly time, vlasic, conagra, carl buddig, puffin cereal, blistex, covergirl, domino sugar, gerber, edwards pies, haagen dazs

So we'll see what happens.

And by the by, do believe haagen dazs and edys are owned by the same parent. They're form was identical, even down to pictures and how long it took to submit and everything. Weird.

ladywaterwind
10-24-2008, 05:04:00 PM
Well, covergirl was a bust. 'check out our inserts/pg newsletter!' what a :P hehe

shelleyf
10-24-2008, 11:25:40 PM
I just emailed about 30 companies. It sure will help with groceries next week...I hope. lol Keep it coming everyone's doing a great job.

ILv2Shop
10-24-2008, 11:40:06 PM
:BigHand:How many companies did you email today??

:BigHand:Can we do a part 2 to this since its almost a new day? Is that ok, Lady-W? (Don't want to threadjack:giggle2:)

ladywaterwind
10-25-2008, 04:28:10 AM
heck yeah! i didn't get in as many as i wanted to so it continues today!!! lol

XUfan
10-25-2008, 05:08:57 AM
I doubt that I'll have any time today. Lots to do.

Here's my to-do list:
Clean up the kitchen from last night (I was lazy!!)
Finish the laundry from yesterday (see above)
Work with my hubby to clean the house quickly...
Because....
My grandson's football game is at 3pm today...
AND....
My daughter gets in from Texas and will be meeting us at the game!!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!

ladywaterwind
10-25-2008, 05:22:27 AM
I doubt that I'll have any time today. Lots to do.

Here's my to-do list:
Clean up the kitchen from last night (I was lazy!!)
Finish the laundry from yesterday (see above)
Work with my hubby to clean the house quickly...
Because....
My grandson's football game is at 3pm today...
AND....
My daughter gets in from Texas and will be meeting us at the game!!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!

omg! yay yay! I'm sure you're super excited! Have you been able to visit since she moved? I'm all excited for you that you guys get to see each other! :D

XUfan
10-25-2008, 05:45:49 AM
omg! yay yay! I'm sure you're super excited! Have you been able to visit since she moved? I'm all excited for you that you guys get to see each other! :D

As my granddaughter would say....I'm wayyy excited!! She did come up for a visit during the spring, but it seems like a lifetime ago! Last Sunday was her 29th birthday, so she was hoping to fly here then. But, she couldn't get off work until this weekend. She's only in town until Wed, and she's staying with her father (who I don't speak to), so I'll cherish the time we get together. Besides, she's got a long list of friends and family who want some time with her, so I understand.

ladywaterwind
10-25-2008, 06:02:59 AM
As my granddaughter would say....I'm wayyy excited!! She did come up for a visit during the spring, but it seems like a lifetime ago! Last Sunday was her 29th birthday, so she was hoping to fly here then. But, she couldn't get off work until this weekend. She's only in town until Wed, and she's staying with her father (who I don't speak to), so I'll cherish the time we get together. Besides, she's got a long list of friends and family who want some time with her, so I understand.

I'm sure you guys will have an awesome visit, no matter how short it is :D

ladywaterwind
10-25-2008, 10:36:13 AM
Emailed a bunch more. Someone better get in on this with me, I'm getting lonely :(

ladywaterwind
10-25-2008, 12:55:42 PM
Emailed Gerber and Skintimate last night. I told Gerber how much DD loves their fruit puffs and yogurt melts and Skintimate I asked about a product (it was an after shave for women's legs, really old product, but I had always wondered what happened to it). They both replied and said they would be sending coupons out :D

chitownmelli
10-25-2008, 01:58:38 PM
I remember that stuff, it was nice. I got a few more companies in today. It's trick or treat here today, so we are also getting ready. I got a costume for my puppy and we carved our pumpkins, there will be pics to share later ;)

ladywaterwind
10-25-2008, 01:59:34 PM
I remember that stuff, it was nice. I got a few more companies in today. It's trick or treat here today, so we are also getting ready. I got a costume for my puppy and we carved our pumpkins, there will be pics to share later ;)

yay! pics!

Hope you guys have a good time :D

chitownmelli
10-25-2008, 02:01:18 PM
well, we don't have kids other than the dogs, so we are stying here and passing out candy, and the boys that I babysit for will be stopping by.

Then I will email more companies. Maybe Mars to thank them for the weight I most likely will be putting on since I can't seem to control myself around a milky way midnight lol!!!

ladywaterwind
10-25-2008, 02:09:50 PM
well, we don't have kids other than the dogs, so we are stying here and passing out candy, and the boys that I babysit for will be stopping by.

Then I will email more companies. Maybe Mars to thank them for the weight I most likely will be putting on since I can't seem to control myself around a milky way midnight lol!!!

Staying home and passing candy out is one of the best things to do on Halloween!

We're going down to the mall on halloween and going there. I've never been trick or treating at the mall before, it will be interesting hehe.

ladywaterwind
10-27-2008, 08:28:26 AM
I've heard back from a lot of the companies already in emails, all but one or two said they'd be sending things, and one of the no-ers said to go to their website to print things out, so that was only a half no, lol.

shelleyf
10-27-2008, 08:44:03 AM
I've heard back from a lot of the companies already in emails, all but one or two said they'd be sending things, and one of the no-ers said to go to their website to print things out, so that was only a half no, lol.

Some companies say no but still send coupons. I have had several no's too but don't give up. I have wrote approx. 45 companies the last 2 days so far.

chitownmelli
10-27-2008, 08:50:37 AM
I am continuing my goal of contacting companies today. I have turned off my phone so that certain people cannot distract me today!

Coriander
10-27-2008, 09:02:10 AM
I also did this one day for a couple of hours. This list helped me that "Flash" posted (thanx Flash). I have been wondering when I will see the fruits of my labor. I figure it will probably happen all at once, then out a my way I am on a mission!!! (snicker)
Here is the link I saved to my favs
http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/smokin-promotions/8162-where-sign-up-all-those-promotions.html

Cin42382
10-27-2008, 10:36:51 AM
Anyone wanna join me this week too ? I'm off to email :)

chitownmelli
10-27-2008, 10:45:39 AM
yep, joining you today :)

shelleyf
10-28-2008, 06:29:49 AM
I joined Saturday. I am up to approx. 70 companies now. It is a lot of work but I am trying to get good coupons to do some serious trading! lol :giggle2:

ladywaterwind
10-28-2008, 06:35:49 AM
I didn't do nothing yesterday! I did email like 2 on sunday though, lol.

chitownmelli
10-28-2008, 09:21:34 AM
OMG shelly! Congrats! I have a list with like 120 companies, and haven't found the time to get them all emailed! I need to keep the phone off, barricade the front door (to discourage knocking) and teach my dogs how to clean up the house!!!

Seriously though, I am up to like 5 companies contacted. I hope to get a ton more done in the next couple of days!

Cin42382
10-28-2008, 10:09:21 AM
You ladies are kicking my booty. I havent done any today yet...actually trying to do some Work at Work lol. But I'm sure I will be bored in 20 min or so and get back to emailing :)

angeleyeza
10-28-2008, 10:23:59 AM
Does this count? I contacted 25 this past weekend and 15 today.
I contacted Red vines a while ago and they sent me a pkg , so I signed hubby up and he is suposed to be recieving a pkg, we will use these for the kids' "surpise box" for xmas they usually contain there favs. candy, fav deoderants, tickets to movies, BK GC's
contacted about fantastik sent free Q for 1 bottle
contacted Glad about garbage bags ripping every time I place them over the rim of my garbage can , they sent an email back requesting size, how many in box, and upc again for correct reinburstment. WAHOO!

Jenni-o no Q's "look in paper blah blah" Ive never found ANY in the darn paper *grrr*

Kashi waffles- compliment - Q's coming

shelleyf
10-28-2008, 10:31:14 AM
Jenni-o always says no look in the paper. I have yet to see one. One time though they did send a 2.00 off so keep trying and then maybe they will. One that always have sent me free's is SunnyD. Usually 2 but sometimes 1. Country Crock usually sends frees but not always. I think it depends on who is reading your email and if they are in a good mood or not.

Jenni-o no Q's "look in paper blah blah" Ive never found ANY in the darn paper *grrr*

Kashi waffles- compliment - Q's coming[/quote]

Cin42382
10-28-2008, 11:24:39 AM
im up to 20 so far total :)

ladywaterwind
10-28-2008, 11:49:32 AM
im up to 20 so far total :)

yay! you're getting way up there! :D

angeleyeza
10-29-2008, 05:50:37 AM
Ore Ida- no Q's look in paper
Huggies - Q's comming
scrubbing bubbles - Q's coming
Skintimate- no Q's look in paper.. I havent seen a Q for this is forever LOL
Hefty- Q coming
Zoe foods- pkg coming (cant wait!!)
Capri Sun - Q's coming
Sobe - no Q's they are cheap enough they basically told me ect ect .. they sent me 2- .50 Q's
fantastik Oxy - Q coming
spic n span- Q's coming
On Cor- Q's coming
Breyers- Q- coming
Pilgrims pride- Q's coming

ladywaterwind
10-29-2008, 05:53:10 AM
Ore Ida- no Q's look in paper
Huggies - Q's comming
scrubbing bubbles - Q's coming
Skintimate- no Q's look in paper.. I havent seen a Q for this is forever LOL
Hefty- Q coming
Zoe foods- pkg coming (cant wait!!)
Capri Sun - Q's coming
Sobe - no Q's they are cheap enough they basically told me ect ect .. they sent me 2- .50 Q's
fantastik Oxy - Q coming
spic n span- Q's coming
On Cor- Q's coming
Breyers- Q- coming
Pilgrims pride- Q's coming

That's a nice little list there! Way to go on contacting all of those guys.

Zoe foods is sending a package? Not just coupons? Wow! That's really awesome. I'll have to go and look them up and see what they make and if they're in my area, hehe.

Jasmin71
10-29-2008, 07:59:46 AM
did 10 this morning,.blehh my head hurts !

Might do more later

Johnsonville
Church and Dwight Toothpaste Mentadent
Nestle
Sara lee
Starkist
Malt O Meal
Del Monte
Fresh Exspress
Glad press and seal
Ziploc Bags for the PUMP bags

Gran2Dausha
10-29-2008, 08:29:58 AM
Hi ladies! I want to jump in and say I did a few and got lucky on some :)
White Lily-coupon for free flour or corn meal (yes!)
Barbers- coupon free GALLON milk and half gal. too
Michelinas- 2 free entrees!
Kashi-free any product :) plus coupons!

I'm still busy but planning a free shopping trip. I have never had one and ready for sure!

ladywaterwind
10-29-2008, 08:48:40 AM
Heard back from a few companies today in the mail:

on cor, 2 free ned, and a 50c/1
honeysuckle 2 50c/1 and 2 $1/1
and bissel for the woolite rug stick sent me a $3

ladywaterwind
10-30-2008, 08:08:44 AM
This is kind of neat. I just got an email from tylenol, I'm assuming it's a copy of a mailed letter.

We received your recent email and we were so happy to hear how much our TYLENOLŪ (acetaminophen/diphenhydramine HCl) products have helped your family.

Our Consumer Care Center is pulling together a "Family Album" which would include some of our loyal consumers. We would love to include you as part of our album to be shared within our company. We want to introduce our employees to our loyal consumers and let them know what great work they are doing helping people.

Please return the attached profile with a picture of yourself in the postage paid envelope. Now that you have discovered that a great day starts with a great night, spread the good news about this great product with your family and friends. Tell your success story and share the enclosed coupons as a token of our appreciation

ladywaterwind
10-30-2008, 09:46:02 AM
I've heard back from a TON of people today.

Aquafresh sent $7 off white trays and a booklet with:
$1/any aquafresh
$1/any aquafresh premium toothbrush
$1/any sensodyne or pronamel, no trial
$1.50/ poligrip comfort seal or any poligrip cream
$1/any polident or polident fresh cleanse
$1/any tums 45ct or larger
$1/any gaviscon
$2 citrucel 16.9oz or larger
$2 off any oscal
$2/any ecotrin
$1/any geritol
$1/any contac 30ct+
$1/any beano 30ct+
$2/any tagament hb 200

SCJohnsons sent free skintimate and a booklet:
$1 oust surface and air
$1/any glade scented oil candle holder
$1/glade fabric and air
$1 scrubbing bubbles toilet gel
$1 SB mega shower foam
$1 SB action scrubber starter kit
$1 pledge
.55c windex multi surface
$1 ziploc vacuum kit
$1 7oz edge eclipse, vault, or energy shaving gel

Del monte: 3 50c/any canned food, snack cup, or ketchup
I also contacted starkist separately, owned by del monte, they sent: $1/3 any variety, any size starkist caned tuna and 75c/2 pouches any size or variety

Amys sent:
75c/2, any
2 $1/1 frozen
2 55c/1 amys grocery item, non frozen

Thomas sent 2 $1/1 on thomas english muffin or bagels

Gerber sent a little packet. (I complimented about puffs and yogurt melts, oddly enough no coupons I got covered either product)
75c/2 grads mini fruits or veggies
75c/4 grads entrees
75c/2 grads strips
75c/2 crunchies
75c/2 fruit splashers
and a mail in form to send with 20 grads UPCs for more coupons back

johnsonville sent 2 $1/1 any sausage

olivio sent 3 $1/1 any

and purex sent:
50c/1 purex liquid or sheet softener
50c/1 purex 2 color safe bleach
50c/1 liquid or dry purex detergent
35c/1 any dial (bar, liquid, hand sanitizer, or body wash)
50c 20 mule team borax
$1/1 any pure and natural

whew. Good thing I was wearing my big comfy sweatshirt with the pocket in the front or I never would have been able to get all of this plus a book my daughter got in the mail home, lol.

chitownmelli
10-30-2008, 09:59:21 AM
wow! great job. i miss mail days like that, i've got to write more letters!

emstclair
10-31-2008, 09:50:37 PM
I need to start contacting companies again! I'm going to try to get in on this sometime tomorrow!

emstclair
11-01-2008, 11:42:57 PM
Well, I was able to contact 8 companies today, not great, but a good start! I'll post back when I hear something!

emstclair
11-01-2008, 11:43:51 PM
Thanks for this challenge! I needed motivation to get into this again!

ladywaterwind
11-02-2008, 03:43:35 AM
8 companies is really good! I think I'm going to find some more to contact on monday and set me a challenge of contacting at least 5 of them. :D

carisal
11-02-2008, 04:10:34 AM
Ive done a few over the past week or so, (about 15 total maybe)

I already got 2 .55/1 qs from simply potatos, and a $1/2 A&H baking soda products

and sobe emailed me saying they will send qs, and my favorite so far is fantastic and edge emailed me saying they will be sending free product qs. :) :)

mama22qts
11-02-2008, 05:24:47 AM
alright, now ya'll have got me motivated. I did five this morning, and I'm going through my pantry today and tomorrow to see who I need to contact...this is fun! It's better though upstairs with the autofill -- I'm on dh's laptop now with no autofill and that's not fun!

Can't wait till the mailbox starts filling up!

ladywaterwind
11-02-2008, 06:49:35 AM
alright, now ya'll have got me motivated. I did five this morning, and I'm going through my pantry today and tomorrow to see who I need to contact...this is fun! It's better though upstairs with the autofill -- I'm on dh's laptop now with no autofill and that's not fun!

Can't wait till the mailbox starts filling up!

yay M2!

We're slowly but surely corrupting, um, I mean "motivating" the site! lol

ladywaterwind
11-02-2008, 11:27:31 AM
From yesterdays mail.

sea pak 2 $1/2
zatarains 2 50c/1
michelinas 4 frees
blistex 2 25c/1
splenda $3/1

Cin42382
11-03-2008, 07:06:38 AM
I got a bunch on friday -
Johnsonville - 2 - $1 off any product
Odwalla - 2 free coupons
Lactaid - 1 "free" coupon - says up to $3 off so basically a free coupon
Carando - 1 sheet of asst'ed off carando coupons / 1 sheet of $1 off farmland products

I cant remember what else

MariaT
11-03-2008, 07:17:19 AM
I made a challenge to myself a while back that I would try to do at least one company per day. That didn't last too long. Total shame given most companies do respond back. I'm inspired to start again!

mama22qts
11-03-2008, 07:52:38 AM
Geez. So far Coke, tropicana, and Capri Sun have given me the big negative. Thanks for nothing!

mama22qts
11-03-2008, 08:19:24 AM
Ok, just got replies from Welch's, and Clearasil. NEGATIVE!

ladywaterwind
11-03-2008, 08:26:39 AM
poor m2 :( They're just not showing you any dang love!

carisal
11-03-2008, 08:35:07 AM
Ok, just got replies from Welch's, and Clearasil. NEGATIVE!

dang I was thinking about welch's this morning as I drank the rest of the juice I had.

Jojaby
11-03-2008, 08:38:57 AM
Don't give up on the Welch's - they gave me a negative but sent coupons anyway

mama22qts
11-03-2008, 08:46:19 AM
That would be nice. DD loves grape juice for breakfast.

ladywaterwind
11-03-2008, 10:52:51 AM
I got a big honk of mail today.

barbara's organic ultima cereal $1/1
barbara's bakery product, $1/1 (2)
weetabix $1/1 (2)
2 $1/1 musselman
2 50c/1 edys ice cream
1 free wonder, or wonder light beef steak dicarlo bread du jour (no clue what that is, if it's one word, or more or what), home pride, or hostess
bar s $5 vip
4 25/1 bar s

and some iams, but I think that wasn't a contact them and was a freebie thing on their website.
$1/1 dog premium protection 3.5lb
free 2.2lb bag cat premium protection or $7 off 4lb or larger

emstclair
11-04-2008, 06:28:32 PM
anyone else having bad luck with this? ive contacted 24 companies and only 4 are sending coupons :(

mom2lucas
11-04-2008, 06:49:04 PM
OK, you all have motivated me to get in on this! Today I did:

SCJohnson - Drano
7Up
Tom's of Maine - no cpuons, but offered samples
Sunkist
Yogi Tea
Con Agra
Wolfgang Puck Soups

I plan on doing more later. That was just my warm-up! ;)

ladywaterwind
11-09-2008, 05:56:46 AM
Ok, bumping this up. I'm not awake enough yet to contact anyone, but I don't want to forget who I want to contact. I'm getting into coffee, well mochas, after this yummy thing in the mall, so I want to get with folgers, maxwell house, and coffee mate. Oh, and dunking donuts and starbucks has coffe out now for the home right? So them too I guess. I don't know of any other companies, anyone have suggestions for me?

chitownmelli
11-09-2008, 07:24:02 AM
I have no idea what the names are, but you know when you go to the grocery store and they have those huge containers with the whole coffee beans in them.... I wonder if you could write to whatever company's name is on them, and they might send q's??? I like to buy those like 1/4 cup at a time since we don't drink coffee every day, but then I grind up what I would like to use when I get home, and usually still have some for another day!

As far as coffee in a can, there is also, Hills Bros, and whatever company Juan Valdez works for ;)

Good luck!

ladywaterwind
11-09-2008, 12:00:44 PM
Ok, I'm getting down to some business and contacting people.

I'm also going to be in the chat room, if anyone wants to join with me, anyone have any questions, needs some ideas or guidance, or for plain old chit chat!

angeleyeza
11-09-2008, 12:36:43 PM
This is what I recieved this week:

Esskaymeats.com-compliment -2 -$5 certs
carl buddig -compliment- 2- frees
cambells for theyre supper bakes-compliment -1- free- 2- $4 Q
On-cor -compliment-2-Free's
mrs fields -compliment-1-free
Turkey Hill -compliment- $5.50 in Q's
Blue bunny-compliment- 4- .55 Q's
Glad (garbage bags)complaint -1-free cert (complained that garbage bags always ripped when I got them out of my can.what a mess that was everyday.
glade oil warmer -compliment-1-free refill
redvines- compliment-free stuff!
barenaked - recieved empty box?? Recontacted yesterday with complaint. (pending)
Mrsdash- complaint (seaonsing was hard and had to bang on our counter to get it loose) 1-free Q
cambells kids spag. O's-compliment - 2-$2 Q's
cambells cup at hands-complaint-Metal lids cut fingers and slop everywhere- half of them had plastic flip tops other had metal.- (pending)
Kleenex-compliment-2-.50/1 Q
Huggies Buddies- Compliment- 3- $1 holograms
viva-compliment -2- .50/1 Q
smart ones-compliment- 2- .75/1Q
maccains - look in paper- no Q's (I never see any)
Bidseye-compliment- 5-.25/1 Q's
purex- compliment -1-.50/1 Q and various others !
Glade spray-complimented Vanilla scent-1 free cert
fantastik Oxy -compliment- 1 free cert
Shout-compliment- 1 Free Cert
Delemonte fruit in cups- 1- $1/1 Q
Aunt Jemima waffles-compliment - 1 free cert
some others but they jsut told me look in paper, blah blah. *sigh* I guess Ill go for a round 3 since I used a majority this week for deals.

carisal
11-09-2008, 12:44:47 PM
angeleyeza
----

Blue bunny-compliment- 4- .55 Q's

what? I couple weeks ago I printed $1 qs from their website. they couldnt at least be that good to you??? :)
I dont remmeber how I got to them, I think you had to sign up or something, but anyways I printed 12 of them !!!! (not bricks)

carisal
11-09-2008, 12:48:24 PM
here are some highlights from what I got, I havent been contacting any for a week or so though....

4*.50/1 Del monte chillers - compliment
6!!!! FREEs up to 5.99 Playtex tampons/personal cleansing wipes - compaint re: sport tampons... I *think* there was an error as I got 2 envelopes with 3 each :shrug7:
3 FREE sobe beverage up to 1.59 - compliment and question on where I could find a specific flavor.
1 FREE Edge shave gel, compliment
1 FREE Fantastik cleaner, compliment

angeleyeza
11-09-2008, 12:49:04 PM
I know lol they always skimp I think but they work good in trades. :)

Im trying to figure how to get some coupons.I hate begging for coupons but with 5 kids that love these co's products. they just say "look in the paper" im looking but not seeing any LOL its a bit frustrating. i dont like to complain unless its a true and real complaint. KWIM?

chitownmelli
11-09-2008, 12:51:11 PM
Later today I am making it a goal to sit down and contact 30 companies at least! Maybe I can stay focused long enough to do more, who knows. My mailbox has been lonely though, so it's about time I get it some friends :)

angeleyeza
11-09-2008, 12:58:18 PM
This is what I do:

each week after I grocery shop I write down the item - the upc- best by date- and a comment next to it then i contact the co. I make sure there are at least 20-30 different co names. I dont want to get in trouble for asking the same Co for coupons. and get blacklisted. SCJohnson is pretty good with Q's, Carl Buddig, Cambells, Turkey Hill lets me ask once a month. (aint that sweet! I use these for trading with too!) bars S I thought about signing my DH up with half the Q requests as I dont want to get blacklisted. I would cry if that ever happened..LOL

chitownmelli
11-09-2008, 01:05:10 PM
I have a master list that I work from, it has about 150 or more companies that I have contacted before, and I add to it as I discover more yummies :) Anywho, I have space available where I write down the date and weather I wrote to them for me or DH. I write every 3-6 months to each company.

angeleyeza
11-09-2008, 01:10:22 PM
cool! care to share? Ill share mine LOL

chitownmelli
11-09-2008, 01:14:52 PM
sure! Anyone mind if I post my list here for everyone? Otherwise, I will PM you!

Luv2Shop
11-09-2008, 02:04:27 PM
Thats cool if you would post your list.

chitownmelli
11-09-2008, 02:07:54 PM
ok, in a little bit, I just had a mishap with my coupon matchups for my store forum, so I need to fix that, and then I will type out my list for you all!

Luv2Shop
11-09-2008, 02:09:02 PM
Thanks! :)

angeleyeza
11-09-2008, 02:11:05 PM
thanks!!I really appreciate it. *jumps up and down *

chitownmelli
11-09-2008, 03:44:39 PM
Here you go this is a partial list, hope this gives you all some ideas of companies that you may not have written to already:

A1, Advil, Always, Angel soft, Arm & Hammer, Aunt Jemima

Ballpark, Barilla, Bar-S, Blue Bonnet, Bob Evan's, Bolthouse farms, Buddig, Bumble Bee, Bush's

Campbell's, Capri Sun, Cascade, Cattleman's, Chex mix (general mills), Chicken of the sea, Classico, Colavita, Contadina, Cottonelle, Country crock, Curel

Daisy (sour cream), Dannon, Dawn, Dean's, Degree, Del Monte, Dole, Downy

Edge, Eggland's best, Eggo, Entanmann's Excedrin

French's (onions), Fresh Express, Freshlike, Frigo

General Mills (take your pick lol!!!), Gillette, Glad, Gorton's, Green Giant

Hefty, Helluva Good, Hidden Valley, Hillshire farms, Honey maid, Horizon, Hunt's

Imperial, Irish spring

Jenny-O, Jif, Johnsonville, Juicy Juice

Keebler, Kellogg's, Ken's dressing, Knorr

Land O lakes, Laughing cow, Lender's bagels, Lever 2000, Lipton, Lysol

Minute rice, mott's, Mrs. Butterworths, Mrs. Paul's, Muir Glen, Musselman's

No Yolks

Old Orchard, Oscar Mayer

Pasta Roni, Patrick Cudahy, Pepperidge farm, Pepsi, post, prego, purdue

Q-Tips (johnson's), Quaker

Ragu, Reynold's, Rice a roni, Ronzoni

Sally hansen, Sargento, Sea Pak, Secret, Silk, Skintimate, Skippy, Smuckers, Snapple, Snuggle, St. Ive's, Starkist, Sunny D, Swanson, Sweet Baby ray's, Swiss miss

Thomas', Totino's, Tropicana, Tylenol, Tyson

Uncle Ben's

Van De Kamps, Venus, Viva

Welch's, wishbone

Yoplait

Ziploc

ladywaterwind
11-09-2008, 04:04:55 PM
Thomas sent me 2 $1 off bagels or muffins and WM had the bagels on sale 1.97, so only 97c! had 6 in a pack.

ladywaterwind
11-09-2008, 04:47:36 PM
Gonna hop back into chat and contact some more. Would welcome the company to jabber at :)

angeleyeza
11-10-2008, 05:55:17 AM
here is some of my list: these always send good Q's

esskay meats -creamed chip beef
Dannon
Thomas
Cambells
Bar S
Carl Buddig
glad
scjohnson
banquet
amy's kitchen
hormel kids kitchen
blue bunny
Turkey Hill
edy's
heinz
On cor
saran wrap
turkey hill teas
Buisquick
Duncan Heinz
pringles
Mama marys
Purina - friskies
kibbles and bits
Sara lee
every 6- 9 months -
Hostess

chitownmelli
11-10-2008, 09:06:56 AM
I love when people share their lists, there is always someone that I didn't think of!!!

ladywaterwind
11-10-2008, 09:59:14 AM
Here's my list so far:

folgers,
bush chili/beans,
cattlemens bbq sauce,
classico,
contadina,
country crock,
daisy,
yes to carrots
friskies,
white lily,
michelinas,
capri sun
kraft,
litehouse dressing
hefty,
mission,
nair,
mrs dash,
musselman,
aquafresh,
nabisco,
ocean spray,
snyder of hanover,
splenda,
starkist,
thomas,
zatarains,
bar s,
amys,
olivio,
nivea,
seapak,
pilgrims pride,
tylenol,
physicians formula,
woolite rug stick,
unilever,
red vines

That's who all I've contacted, but some of those have said they don't send things, so.

I'm back in chat while I contact some more if anyone needs to hop in.

VivaciousJewelz
11-10-2008, 12:17:29 PM
Hi all!

So, I just got in on this about 20 minutes ago, so I've only contacted Del Monte and Hot Pockets so far. I'm going to do more, though!

I've got to say that you guys are a bunch of geniuses! It totally blew my mind when I read that one post from someone who suggested making a spreadsheet to keep track of who I contacted so I could follow-up in 3-6 months. GENIUS!

Everyone here is awesome, I've learned so much already, and I've only been on this site for 2 weeks.

Thanks!!

Julie

chitownmelli
11-10-2008, 02:59:30 PM
welcome julie! There are plenty savings to go around, so settle in and get comfy! One tip when you are just starting out with this is to look through your cupboards and contact companies that you already buy from!

Hope you get lots of q's in the mail.

I don't think ladywaterwind is going to pay anything for her groceries next week lol!!!

mom2lucas
11-10-2008, 04:05:02 PM
Ok, so my "sample" from Tom's of Maine is a full-sized kids' toothpaste! YAY!

I've gotten a ton of mail. I ended up contacting about 40 companies last week, and I've not gone through all of my envies yet. I'm going to do like someone suggested and make a spreadsheet to keep track of who I contacted and who sent stuff etc.

Raymondjc
11-11-2008, 02:55:34 AM
Well i contacted 7 yesterday and decided to get up early today before the kids woke up to do some more. Thanks for the motivation!

love_virus
11-11-2008, 08:47:05 AM
Ok, so my "sample" from Tom's of Maine is a full-sized kids' toothpaste! YAY!

I've gotten a ton of mail. I ended up contacting about 40 companies last week, and I've not gone through all of my envies yet. I'm going to do like someone suggested and make a spreadsheet to keep track of who I contacted and who sent stuff etc.

please do post spreadsheet this when you get a chance. :smile:

mom2lucas
11-11-2008, 10:24:20 AM
OK, this is a partial list of companies who sent something:

Dole
Tom's of Maine
Earthbound Farms
Dial
Tyson
Farm Rich
SeaPack
Del Monte
Pounce
Heinz
Aveeno
SC Johnson
Honeysuckle White
Hungry Jack
Eagle Brand
Yogi Tea/Peace Cereal
Sunkist Citrus

ladywaterwind
11-11-2008, 06:57:11 PM
Had to get with pillsbury tonight. I opened up a can of crescent rolls and the dough was so gross! it was hard and broke apart. It's date wasn't until later this month, so i dunno.

Also, I just turned the chat on to talk to people while I contact more people cause I don't have anything else to do right now to keep my mind busy and stuff and the other monitor that I use to chat popped at me. I may have peed a little cause it scared me. I may have to contact depends and poise.

chitownmelli
11-11-2008, 07:01:15 PM
Ha Ha PWLWW!!!!

ladywaterwind
11-11-2008, 07:15:52 PM
Ha Ha PWLWW!!!!

Get in chat woman!! :P Laugh at the poor peer but don't came talk to her, i see how it is. :P

ETA: I guess I should say pee-r as peer is an actual word >.<

jerzyaltyangl
11-11-2008, 07:20:10 PM
I just wrote to method about the baby products hoping they respond back and send some coupons. My sis is having twins and wants to use method.

angeleyeza
11-12-2008, 09:48:31 AM
todays contacts:

Snuggle
Gain
Mrsfreshleys.com - honey buns/oatmeal creme pies
Hamburger Helper
Dove
Skintimite
Pledge
kelloggs(rice crispies)
Glade(fabirc & Air )
Entemanns
Pepperidge farms

ladywaterwind
11-12-2008, 02:45:24 PM
Going to continue contacting organic/natural companies tonight!

I've heard back from toms of maine and cedar lane already, and just contacted them last night, both said they'd be sending things.

VivaciousJewelz
11-13-2008, 10:03:52 AM
Hey! I started contacting companies and I even made a spreadsheet!

I just wanted to add that if you register with your birthday, a lot of companies will send you coupons around your birthday. Also, to maximize the number of coupons you receive, maybe you could try entering DH's birthday and your kids birthdays too, so you'll get coupons all year round. :wavehi:

ladywaterwind
11-13-2008, 02:41:26 PM
Gonna hop in chat and contact some more people. Need to get with wonka, i keep thinking about laffy taffys, hehe.

mom2lucas
11-13-2008, 02:52:55 PM
I had to get with J&J over some lotion. We'll see what they say. It was goopy and dried out and I just opened the bottle. Just bought too. *pout*

Got $1/1 coupons from Johnsonville. Slow mail day.

sunriver
11-13-2008, 04:33:37 PM
Thanks for the inspiration.
I contacted Stouffers and Birds Eye. Been a long time since I've written letters to companies and it will be fun to see what they send.

ladywaterwind
11-15-2008, 01:17:05 PM
contadina sent 2 50c/any coupons

and cedar lane natural foods sent 2 FREE 'dinner's on us' coupons. one package of any cedarlane frozen product, excludes zone products. NED. up to 4.99. niiice.

tacatcon
11-15-2008, 02:24:59 PM
Hey there
I am going to jump on this bandwagon finally! I need to get my but in gear.

I wrote to New England Coffee
Zatarains
pampers because they never mail me anything even though I'm registered at their site!
and Heinz

chitownmelli
11-15-2008, 02:41:03 PM
only 150 more companies to go and then your mailbox will be happy!

angeleyeza
11-15-2008, 02:57:45 PM
I wrote to Hefty and complimented zoopals plates and asked if they could put a mouse figure on the plates they sent me a free Q good for any Hefty or Kordite product up to $3.50

Wrote about Act II popcorn half the bag didnt pop and tasted stale recieved 1 free bag and 1- .50/1

complimented Texas toast Croutons and they send 7- .55/1

Complimented Heinz Gravy and they sent 4- .50/1

comlimented sobe and recieved 8 - .40/1

complimented Rice crispies got 1 free product Q and 1 Q $1/1 pkg keebler cookies,crackersor cones and 1 Q for .50/1 pkg sunshines, krispy, or cheezit product

mrsfreshleys.com complimented there honey buns and recieved 1 free product Q of choice

this is my husbands brag --- he called Blue bonnet and complained that when he opened his tub of butter there was no plastic lid and METAL embedded in the butter on top. they send 2 free Q's up to $4.19 GO HUBBY! I told him Im so proud! lol

I need to get going on some more compliments
gonna try
Mccains
pepperidge farms
armour
and some others

angeleyeza
11-18-2008, 09:52:48 AM
McCains says no Q's:frown:
OreIda says no Q's:frown:
Skintamite -complimented-free Q
Scrubbin Bubbles shower cleaner -complimented-free refill
called Pepsi- sending Q's in mail
Betty Crocker- complaint- ham. her meal missing seasoning packet- product Q
Pepperidge farms-compliment- Q's coming
:BigHand:
(pending)waiting on emails back
Johnsonvilee
perdue
Oscar mayer
Cedar Lane
French's
Michelinas
SeaPak
Sweet baby Rays
Quaker
Drano
Hatfield
Dole
Heinz

Im running our of Ideas for who to contact. Is this possible or am I having a brain fart LOL:hectic1::hysterical:

ladywaterwind
11-18-2008, 02:25:23 PM
unilever sent a page of coupons with:

$1/2 lipton tea
$1/2 country crock
50c/1 ragu
35c/1 skippy
50c/1 bertolli frozen entree or pasta and sauce
$1/2 hellmans mayo
$1/6 bars or 1 wash - dove
$1/1 vaseline lotion
$1/1 degree clinical
3.50/1 dove vitalizer
50c/1 suave hair care
50c/6 bars or 1 was - caress

I'll add them into the database, with their restrictions, later. Being too lazy right now.

sunriver
11-18-2008, 04:06:09 PM
So far I have written to about 12-15 companies.
Birds Eye was fast! They sent me 2 free coupons good on frozen veggies to $3 each.
Entenmanns sent (4) .25/1 coupons. Better than nothing, but not by much when you know how expensive their stuff is...

I've heard from other companies that say they are sending something. This is fun. It reminds me of when my oldest daughter was a baby (before most people had home PC's) and I wrote to many companies and would get actual products in the mailbox. That was fun. It's a lot easier now with e-mail and a lot less expensive to jot off a note between other jobs.

Do you think that suggestions generate better coupons than just flat out praise? I know complaints are often remedied, but I generally find it hard to complain about things. Although I could often say that I think prices are high and that is true. Any ideas are appreciated.

tacatcon
11-18-2008, 06:26:45 PM
Get in chat woman!! :P Laugh at the poor peer but don't came talk to her, i see how it is. :P

ETA: I guess I should say pee-r as peer is an actual word >.<

Is "pee-er" hyphenated maybe? Maybe you have to spell it "peaer"? "I don't want to pee in front of my peers. Then they'll call me a peer."?? I don't know, it could be a good tongue twister!

Hey there
I am going to jump on this bandwagon finally! I need to get my but in gear.

I wrote to New England Coffee
Zatarains
pampers because they never mail me anything even though I'm registered at their site!
and Heinz

Ok so far heard back from Heinz, they will mail me some coupons yay!
pampers doesn't care that they are not sending me coupons
The other two have not responded yet

ladywaterwind
11-18-2008, 06:38:02 PM
I got a coupon in the mail from pampers yesterday, but I never contacted them to ask for them, i think there was a thing in the freebies listed a while back about getting a coupon. Anyways, the dang expiration date is 200SQUIBBLE. I was like great, I'm not going to have too hard a time trying to use that when no one can see that the date is a 9, or at elast should be a 9. >.<

angeleyeza
11-21-2008, 07:42:37 AM
well i have saved my free Q's and good value Q'sfor about 2-3 months towards a great shopping trip whats a woman to do with $147 in free Q's ??my husband says im nuts I told him I may be nuts but I bet I could get you a free bag of them somewheres lol:hysterical:

Jojaby
11-21-2008, 07:46:29 AM
Got coupons yesterday from Bridgford

ladywaterwind
11-21-2008, 09:45:40 AM
well i have saved my free Q's and good value Q'sfor about 2-3 months towards a great shopping trip whats a woman to do with $147 in free Q's ??my husband says im nuts I told him I may be nuts but I bet I could get you a free bag of them somewheres lol:hysterical:

LOL!!

I'm saving all of mine for triples at Ingles. I'm crossing my fingers there'll be some good deals.

ladywaterwind
11-21-2008, 04:54:39 PM
ok, gonna try and contact some more people tonight. here goes nothing.

chitownmelli
11-21-2008, 04:55:58 PM
me too!

angeleyeza
11-24-2008, 01:18:24 PM
time to do some contacts.. bbiab

Jojaby
11-24-2008, 01:19:53 PM
Green Giant sent complaint - got 2 free products up to $5.30 and 1 $1 off coupon
Cats Pride sent compliment - got 2 $1 off coupons
Dannon sent complimnt - got 2 free 6 oz coupons and one free 4 pack activia coupon

brixtonrileightaylor
11-24-2008, 01:34:37 PM
I contacted lotswith compliments and got crappy coupons back..no frees!

skw6559
11-24-2008, 10:10:42 PM
Don't give up on the Welch's - they gave me a negative but sent coupons anyway

I received coupons from them as well last week.

skw6559
11-24-2008, 10:43:20 PM
Bar S $5.00 VIP Certificate along with 4 .25 coupons

Welch's sent 3 .50 off any one product DND 5

Del Monte sent 2 .50 off canned food, snack cup or Ketchup product

Heinz sent .50 off any size classico,.50 off any heinz vinegar, .50 off any heinz homestyle gravy, .50 off any heinz ketchup and ,50 off any ore-ida product

Johnsonville sent 2 $1.00 off any purchase of their sausage.

Bumble Bee Seafoods sent 2 .25 off any size product.

Birds eye sent 6 .25 off any package of frozen vegetables

Purina sent 2-$2.00 off any 4.5 lbs or larger pet food and 1 $1.00 off up to 4.5 lbs

ACH Food Companies sent .50 off argo corn starch, .50 karo syrup any flavor 16 oz, .50 off any mazola product, .35 off any French's dry seasonings mix and $1.00 on Tone's products

chitownmelli
11-24-2008, 11:37:10 PM
I wrote to 20 companies this weekend I had email responses from many of them today :) I will be waiting by the mailbox!

jerzyaltyangl
11-25-2008, 12:10:38 PM
I forgot to post this. I wrote to Silk and got a 1$ off any and I wrote to Method about the baby items and they sent me 2 1$ off any method items. I"m still waiting on supershots nothing yet but I will have to say Silk and Method we're super fast.

ladywaterwind
11-25-2008, 01:29:28 PM
Ugh!!!

I gotta do this more today! Someone get on my case. i haven't wrote anyone but once this month!!

chitownmelli
12-03-2008, 01:41:46 PM
LWW get your butt in gear ;)

I got a lot of q's in the mail from the companies I contacted, I also got a lot of companies telling me to print online..... yuck. Takes too much ink, AND so many stores are not taking printables now. Oh bother.

Well, I really enjoy the ones who did send q's :) I would like to email another 20 or so companies this week.

ladywaterwind
12-11-2008, 03:37:41 PM
I got a couple more frees in. Aunt J sent one.

I got one free from pillsbury and a $1/1 cause when I opened a package of crescent rolls they were all crunchy and gross and not at all uncooked doughy.

And SCJ said they're sending a free to replace my whole package of scented oil candle refills. When my power went out the other night I put one of those on and the stupid wick burnt up completely, realllly fast, and didn't melt any of the candle at all. it's so weird. The other 2 things in the package were fine, just that one burnt weird.

tacatcon
12-11-2008, 04:04:27 PM
I did finally get something in the mail from Zatarain's one Free box of Zatarain's rice or pasta mixes NED not to exceed $2
and one .50/1 NED

I emailed yoplait to ask why I can no longer find apple pie flavor and complimented their yogurts. nothing. But who knows maybe I'll get mail!

cintinative
12-12-2008, 12:58:57 PM
I am interested in doing this, but I think I want to download Roboform like someone else suggested. There is a free version of the software available, and it should save a lot of time. The Google AutoFill bar is good too, but not as fast.

vanessamarie
12-19-2008, 09:47:39 AM
This is my list so far :)

Product/Company (http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dfk9rdxc_5fbhm6wfr&hl=en)

vanessamarie
12-27-2008, 12:48:29 PM
I finally finished emailing the majority of my list. I skipped Congra food companies for the most part, because they hardly ever send coupons or anything.

cintinative
12-28-2008, 12:54:56 PM
I have been doing this as I uncover the things that I use the most often. I got some coupons already from Dial--including some for Zout and Right Guard. =)

ladywaterwind
12-28-2008, 05:10:43 PM
I finally finished emailing the majority of my list. I skipped Congra food companies for the most part, because they hardly ever send coupons or anything.

They sent me some stuff. I forget what now, but I think it was worth the email :D

Kenzey's Mom
12-29-2008, 12:06:58 AM
I'm going to jump on the band wagon for the new year. I did this about 6 months ago but then I got lazy and my poor mailbox is always empty :( Wish me luck!!!

cintinative
12-29-2008, 12:21:14 PM
They sent me some stuff. I forget what now, but I think it was worth the email :D
That's funny because I contacted them also and they said they don't send out coupons. Hmmm . . .

cintinative
12-29-2008, 12:22:59 PM
Just noticed someone mentioned Yoplait. I also contacted them and they said they don't give out coupons. Here is their reply:

Dear Mrs. XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting Yoplait-Colombo. We would like to honor each of the many coupon requests we receive; however, it is our policy not to do this.

We offer many promotions giving consumers an opportunity to obtain a free product or purchase a product at a reduced rate using a discount certificate. These offers appear on product packages, in magazines and newspapers, on tear pads in grocery stores, and on our web sites.
We will continue to be committed to providing the best possible products at the lowest possible prices to our consumers. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you will continue to choose our products and promotions.
Sincerely,

Amy Sadowski

Consumer Services

Lori63
12-29-2008, 12:30:21 PM
I started doing this two weeks before Christmas and have already received from Welch's, Blue Bunny and a few others.

Moma
12-29-2008, 12:42:26 PM
I am sooooo in on this!!!

Kashi sent me 2 FREE coupons for Granola Bars

Eggland's Best...FREE dozen eggs

plus...many companies responded saying that they are sending q's!!

this is way fun...getting coupons...plus, i just love getting snail mail!!

Kenzey's Mom
12-29-2008, 02:41:38 PM
I wrote to 35 companies so far and five of them have already responded saying they would send coupons:

Fisher Nuts
Fabulous
Country Crock
Eggland's Best Eggs
Smart Balance Products

:BigHand:Yay!!! I forgot how much fun this was, although writing to them was really time consuming I sure hope it'll pay off. By the way I wrote down all the brands I usually use in a notebook in sub-categories ex. Eggs, Butter, Soups that way I'll keep track of who I'm writing to. I'm off to write to some more.

angeleyeza
12-30-2008, 10:15:00 AM
time to restart contacted so far:

Glade candles, Eggo, Aunt Jemima, Bubba Burgers, Fantastick Oxy,Kashi,Farm Rich, Bar-S,Ragu,Downy,Hillshire Farms, Johnsonville, Perdue, Kelloggs, General Mills, Hunts snack packs,Blue Bonnet, Blue bunny, Fruitabu, Michelina, Swanson, Heinz gravy, Delmonte frozen Fruits-fruit cups, fruit in cans, Dole fruit cups- fruit in cans- salads, fresh exspress, snuggle,gain, all, purex, Johnson buddies shampoo and soaps, Lady speed stick, cogate, crest TPaste and rinse, progresso, cambells, Pepperidge farms, Entemanns, Hostess, sara lee, Barilla, Pepsi, welchs, capri sun, juicy juice, Contadida, prego, kleenex, puffs,

thats only half Ill do a few more later.

Kenzey's Mom
12-30-2008, 06:27:14 PM
I received a couple of more emails with the promise of coupons today:

I can't believe it's not butter (offered some ideas about packaging)
Dannon
Laughing Cow
Hillshire Farms
Quaker Grits

I received thank you's from the following but no mention of coupons::shrug7:

Nestle Juicy Juice
Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes (pinnacle foods)

vanessamarie
12-31-2008, 03:56:22 PM
Now that year is coming to an ended I decided to see how many companies I have emailed in the past year. I found that the total is 629 (http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfk9rdxc_5fbhm6wfr&hl=en) and if you click on the previous number it will take you to spread sheet of sorts that details what companies I have contacted and what they have sent.

If you have any companies to add message me with the company and link :)

Lori63
12-31-2008, 04:05:01 PM
Wow! This has been fun-I get something everyday.

Lori63
01-02-2009, 02:59:43 PM
Today- 2 $1 Boboli, 2 $1 MaltOMeal cereal, 2 $1/2 SeaPak, 1 .75 Farm Rich.

Lori63
01-03-2009, 10:44:47 AM
Today-tons of goodies from Unilever, Turkey Hill, Eskimo Pie, and Starkist.

beyootifulflower
01-14-2009, 09:01:58 AM
Since 1 October 08, I have emailed 551 companies! With Autofill and a generic compliment, it takes no time at all. I don't have a spreadsheet on the computer, but I do write down in a notebook who I write, and what they have sent in return. It is SUPER fun to get freebies and great coupons AND it has really helped our grocery bill!
Not to mention...being able to get things you would normally NEVER pay for,LOL.

Speaking of emailing companies....that is what I am doing this morning!

Have a great day everyone! Keep warm!

susansmoaks
01-21-2009, 09:18:12 AM
i'm emailing some companies now too, i have done about 10 so far, can't wait to start reaping the benefits.

momabrown3
01-21-2009, 09:39:33 AM
If you contact Green Giant about there New Steamers .They will send you good coupons.I complained because I had 2 or 3 bags of there mixed vegtables to come unsealed in the freezer.They sent me 5 coupons for 5.20 off frozen Green Giant FROZEN products plus 2 coupons for 1.00 off can vegtables.

Also contacted Farm Rich about there cheese sticks.They send a couple of 1.00 coupons plus a free product coupon.(complement them on there products)

angeleyeza
05-29-2009, 10:16:05 PM
Its that time of year again lets get contacting those companies again and build up our great coupons!