PDA

View Full Version : Spacegirl's personal challenges

Spacegirl99
01-06-2007, 09:27:09 AM
I made several resolutions on Dec. 31.

1. The 1st one is to quit smoking. I have not had a cigarette since 11:40 p.m. on Dec 31! I am using the Nicorrete Fruit Chill that I got free from Buzzagent. It is actually working quite well in controlling the cravings.

2. I have a goal to lose 16 lbs of "baby weight" once and for all! DD is now over a year old. She's losing her baby fat, now it's my turn! I plan on increasing my activity levels, cutting back on sugar, and eating smaller portions.
My start weight: 146
My goal weight: 130
My current weight: 146

3. I need to cut out needless spending and save more money (for retirement.) DH has a bigger problem here then I do, but I doubt I can change him much! So I have made a budget for myself and plan to stick by it!

4. I have to learn to stop letting little things bother me. I tend to "wear my heart on my sleeve" and end up getting my feelings hurt a lot, which makes me be mean. A vicious cycle that needs to end! I have started meditating again (the anger seemed to start when I stopped meditating) and doing Yoga again.

I have other personal challenges, but I don't want to bore anyone (anymore than I already have!) so this is enough!

Wish me luck!

ladywaterwind
01-06-2007, 10:06:22 AM
Good luck! Those are all things I need to work on as well, except for the smoking, DH has that one covered.

la_tartaruga
01-06-2007, 10:24:09 AM
Go Angel, You are such as smart woman!!!

Lisa

Crazy4Coupons
01-06-2007, 12:22:29 PM
You can do it!!!! I'm right there with you on the baby weight, sis (one of my resolutions, as well).

I can give you lessons on how to be mean like me, lol!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!

niftyneon99
01-06-2007, 02:33:23 PM
You can do it Angel!! I have 2 more lbs of 'baby' weight and then it's on to regular old fat LOL!

Spacegirl99
01-06-2007, 02:38:34 PM
Thanks for the support, gals!

Spacegirl99
03-24-2007, 09:31:40 PM
Well, It's almost April and I still haven't had a cigarette. The other resolutions do not seem to be as easy.
I have only lost 3 lbs, but am feeling a bit better about myself. I had my BMI tested yesterday and it was 24%, which is where it is supposed to be.
I still need to work on my anger management issues. I'm not meditating or doing Yoga quite as often as I should.
My budget keeps hitting speedbumps! I'm not able to save as much as I'd hoped to b/c of unforseen expenses!

jujubee
03-24-2007, 10:36:48 PM
Way to go on stopping smoking! Keep working on the other resolutions, you're doing great!

mama22qts
03-25-2007, 05:14:27 AM
Wow. Successfullly quitting is SO hard and you've done it!! Props to you for achieving something so many fall short of. This is a tremendous achievement and something to be super proud of! If that's all you do this year and the anger management and so forth are on the list for next, you've still accomplished a great feat. Congrats!

niftyneon99
03-25-2007, 07:58:56 AM
you are doing great!! I wish my MIL would follow your example and quit smoking!

cuzisaidso
03-25-2007, 11:21:42 AM
You've done really well to lose any weight while quitting smoking. Props to you!

I don't even have the smoking excuse and take a look at my whopping weight loss. haha!

maree_strawberry
03-25-2007, 11:25:21 AM
Well, It's almost April and I still haven't had a cigarette. The other resolutions do not seem to be as easy.
I have only lost 3 lbs, but am feeling a bit better about myself. I had my BMI tested yesterday and it was 24%, which is where it is supposed to be.
I still need to work on my anger management issues. I'm not meditating or doing Yoga quite as often as I should.
My budget keeps hitting speedbumps! I'm not able to save as much as I'd hoped to b/c of unforseen expenses!

You're doing an :Awesome: job!

:Wow: :congrats1: