PDA

View Full Version : WLC-How Many Calories Does It Take To Maintain Your Current Weight?

Tammylane
08-12-2008, 02:25:34 PM
How many calories does it take to maintain your current weight?

I'm determined to lose weight, more than I ever have. I want to look totally HOT by Christmas. So....I've been doing what I always do when I get determined, studying and researching the best way to do it. I found an interesting formula that some of you trying to lose weight may already know and if you don't you may find helpful.

1. Take your current weight in pounds and convert it to kilograms by dividing it by 2.2

2. Multiply that number by .9 for a new total

3. Multiply this total by 24

4. Take that number and apply one of the following to it:
a. Multiply it by 1.3 if you sit all day at work and do no exercise at all
b. Multiply it by 1.5 if yousit all day but you do exercise for 1 to 3 hours per week
c. Multiply it by 1.7 if you do a manual job or if you exercise a lot

For example, I weigh 194 lbs, which is 88.18 kilograms (194 divided by 2.2) so 88.18 x 0.9 = 79.36 x 24 = 1904.72

I do little or no exercise (to this point) so 1904.72 x 1.3= 2476.15

To maintain my current weight of 194 pounds, I have to consume 2,476 calories per day and not exercise.

Each pound of stored body fat contains 3,500 calories so if I want to lose one pound per week, I need to reduce my calorie consumption by 3,500 calories per week (none of this is taking exercise into account that does change things).

I have no idea how anyone came up with these numbers and I'm not calorie counting, but I found this info to be interesting as it does give me a frame of reference of sorts when I do plan my meals/menus.

Since we have such different type bodies, metabolism, etc. YMMV:hysterical:

rockhound24
08-12-2008, 02:51:54 PM
cool, thanks!