PDA

View Full Version : jumping in WL

Mom2my3sons
07-03-2008, 12:43:18 PM
Just wanted to say hey to all those doing the WL challenge here. Add me in. I've gained about 2 pounds per month every month this year and it's going to stop. I can't afford all new clothes.

I weighed in at 148.2 this morning. My final goal is 130. But for now I am just going to shoot for 140 by the end of July. I have lots of BBQs/street dances/parties planned for this month so losing 8lbs will make me very happy.

I hope to meet my final goal by the end of the year. The last 5 pound is VERY hard for me to lose, so I am going to give myself time to do it.

The biggest thing for me is a menu. If I make a menu for myself every week, I generally don't have any problem sticking to it. But if I don't have a plan then I eat everything in sight.

So right now I need ideas on low cal, filling meals.

Thanks!

ericat18
07-03-2008, 12:52:52 PM
I'm just starting to read up on the WL challenge so I hope it is ok if I respond. I need to lose 20-25 pounds and would love to join you all. You asked for some filling meals so I thought I would list a couple of things that we eat that are filling and always help when I am serious about weight loss.

Lentil soup-this has almost no calories and is very filling. I can post the recipe if you are interested.

Vege dogs with spicy slaw on wheat buns-can also give you the slaw recipe if you are interested.

Fish tacos-these are made with talapia, cabbage, cilantro, a low cal sauce on corn tortillas. Let me know if you are interested in the recipe.

Good luck with your challenge. I am hoping to lose about 8-10 pounds in the next 5 weeks. I was motivated a week ago and got on the treadmill and then got a bad head cold and haven't got back on. After I get home from this weekend's trip I plan to get going again.

Erica

Mom2my3sons
07-03-2008, 01:26:44 PM
I would love the recipes!

Thanks.

I'm just starting to read up on the WL challenge so I hope it is ok if I respond. I need to lose 20-25 pounds and would love to join you all. You asked for some filling meals so I thought I would list a couple of things that we eat that are filling and always help when I am serious about weight loss.

Lentil soup-this has almost no calories and is very filling. I can post the recipe if you are interested.

Vege dogs with spicy slaw on wheat buns-can also give you the slaw recipe if you are interested.

Fish tacos-these are made with talapia, cabbage, cilantro, a low cal sauce on corn tortillas. Let me know if you are interested in the recipe.

Good luck with your challenge. I am hoping to lose about 8-10 pounds in the next 5 weeks. I was motivated a week ago and got on the treadmill and then got a bad head cold and haven't got back on. After I get home from this weekend's trip I plan to get going again.

Erica

cuzisaidso
07-04-2008, 07:08:46 AM
Good luck, Karen! Keep us posted on how well you do. Losing slowly is the best way to do it.

ericat18
07-07-2008, 05:20:21 PM
I would love the recipes!

Thanks.

I was out of town for a few days so I just got your message. I will get these posted for you (probably this evening after the kids go to bed).

Erica

Cin42382
07-08-2008, 12:42:38 PM
:smile:Welcome Karen! I really need to get back into the swing of things. I have had no motivation lately. I swear my scale is either posessed or Bipolar. One day I'm 180, the next 176, and the next 180 again! Its so depressing. I need to throw it away and buy a new one lol but I'm too cheap ;)

Ahh well...I think I may have to stop weighing myself for a while