PDA

View Full Version : Join the Weight Loss Challenge!! 5/28/08

Cin42382
05-28-2008, 08:07:54 AM
Since we have lost and added a lot of members since January, I wanted to post a new sign-up thread for the Weight Loss Challenge.

So, if you want to join, or if you are already participating please post here and let us know :)

Also, if you would like to post your first name, just to make it a little more personal. :biggrin:

jkaczanowski
05-28-2008, 02:27:47 PM
Cindi - Thanks for the motivation!!!

I'm re-starting today :smile:. Weight 171.6. Goal 140.

Jenn

froggie3
05-28-2008, 02:57:36 PM
This is good for me, some help to keep me motivated, not doing so well at losing this baby weight that i put on top of my other extra weight. :frown:

starting at 245

goal 165

I can do this.

Ayrielle

MamaVader
05-28-2008, 04:12:52 PM
This is good for me, some help to keep me motivated, not doing so well at losing this baby weight that i put on top of my other extra weight. :frown:

starting at 245

goal 165

I can do this.

Ayrielle

Yes ma'am, you sure can do this. We can ALL do this. I think the most important thing is just don't quit. My 2 cents, there. :smile:

Oh yeah, I'm still in. :smile:

tdgirl
05-28-2008, 05:12:44 PM
Count me in.

I've been eating better (I hate the word diet) since Jan, only lost almost 20 pounds so far (PCOS, plus meds make it slow for me!) Started at 244.5 and now at 225.5
Wish I could speed it up, would love to be 180 by Christmas but don't see that happening at this rate!

Kelly

Cin42382
05-28-2008, 05:13:52 PM
Welcome and welcome back everyone. I'm in still too.

Just want to thank everyone for helping me to get motivated as well. I definitely need it lately :)

kritchie325
05-28-2008, 05:17:16 PM
Okay I need help losing baby weight
Before pregnancy 139
At pregnancy 189 (50lbs! way to go me!)
Current 152- 9 weeks later

I have two goals 139lbs for back to before pregnant weight
And 127 for my wedding weight

Oh yeah and my name is Kate

blaze8939
05-28-2008, 06:27:13 PM
Julie, Hello everyone!!
I am at 195
Goal is 150
Count me in. Will we be doing a weigh in each week?

graciesmommy30
05-28-2008, 06:35:35 PM
Hi, I'm still in!! I went from 230 to 204 so far. Lost almost 30. It CAN be done. You just have to want it bad enough. :wink7:

Cin42382
05-28-2008, 06:39:15 PM
Woohoo. Welcome welcome welcome lol

Basically, each Monday you will see a thread in this forum for the weekly weigh ins.

Then about every 5-8 weeks depending on how it goes we usually have an RAOK to someone who has lost the most weight, the highest percentage of weight lost, someone who needs some motivation , etc. We will switch it up this time around.

Cin42382
05-29-2008, 06:04:01 AM
bumping - Anyone else wanna join the fun!!?

momof4inmi
06-10-2008, 08:30:45 PM
Hi, my name is Terri. Is it too late to join the weight loss challenge?
If not here are my stats:
Weight now: 243 :frown:
Goal weight: 130

cam&lexysmommy
06-11-2008, 06:32:03 AM
Can I join back in...I am ready to really take up the WLC! Thanks!

Cin42382
06-11-2008, 07:57:22 AM
Welcome to both of you :)

emily26505
06-11-2008, 10:41:59 AM
Yes please count me in! This is the first time I have visited this forum and I'm so excited to get started! I am a recent college grad who used to be very fit and in shape, but has since started working full time sitting on my butt in front a computer for 9 hrs a day..uhhh :( I used to weigh 125 when I graduated from high school and I loved my body! Now I am 142 and find it much harder to even do the simplest things I loved doing back then (such as running a few miles).

So my weight loss goal is 125 by August :)

Thanks for starting this btw!!!

julieandhailey
06-11-2008, 10:50:51 AM
Count this newbie in too!
Oct.07 244:frown:
current 234
Goal 175:BigHand:
Oh yah and my name is Julie

puakinikini
06-19-2008, 10:55:47 PM
Hi -

I would love to join - just gave birth in April to a 6 lb itty-bitty but somehow I gained 50 lbs in the process. This is our 4th child and we are done, so I need to get my body back!

Pre-pregnancy with #4: 145
Highest weight: 195
Weight now: 174
Goal weight: 145

I have been eating healthy and trying to work out (DVDs at home) 3-4 times a week - but I need more motivation and support. Glad this group is on here.

Thanks, Jen #2 (yes, there are a lot of us out there!)

MamaVader
06-20-2008, 10:27:20 AM
Welcome aboard, folks :wavehi:

angelschafer
06-25-2008, 06:53:36 PM
Hi everyone - My name is Angel. I hope its not too late to join this challenge. If its not - My current weight is 224.5 lbs I would love to get back to my lowest weight of 140 lbs.

Stats
Current - 224.5
Goal - 140
To Lose - 84.5

MamaVader
06-25-2008, 08:54:35 PM
Not too late at all. Welcome and good luck. :wavehi:

ZabMom
06-26-2008, 12:16:27 PM
Me too
Shari just had a baby
current 5'7" 200lbs
goal pre baby weight 145
I have a long way to go. I have four kids and we are definately done.

MamaVader
06-26-2008, 02:23:46 PM
Welcome :wavehi:

ZabMom
06-26-2008, 05:47:58 PM
Thanks I need all the encouragement I can get. I am going to try to make the gym tonight. (its 24 hours) Its hard though my husband can eat whatever he wants and he never gains any weight. Just a few seconds ago I finshed a slice of pizza that he offered me. He is eating a whole 18" pizza by himself, its so not fair.

kskallen
06-26-2008, 06:03:28 PM
I would like to join in as well! :)

Name: Kat

1/1/2008-266
current weight: 225
1st mini goal-199 (I can't wait until I'm back in the 100's! :) )
2nd goal-170

MamaVader
06-26-2008, 07:52:48 PM
You betcha, the more the merrier!
Lol, unless , we are talking about pounds, that is. :giggle2:

Welcome aboard.

MamaVader
07-03-2008, 01:11:06 PM
bump :wavehi:

ericat18
07-03-2008, 01:11:46 PM
I would like to join this group and will report in each week. My sister has lost quite a bit a weight over the past year (we both had babies last year) and I am really lagging behind. She is trying to keep me motivated but maybe this will help.

I have 3 kids (oldest is 5) and the weight just continues to creep on with each pregnancy. My last 2 are only 20 months apart so I did not lose all the weight in between like I needed to. BUT I actually weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant this last time so that is motivating. However, I still need to lose 20-25 pounds as I am only 5' 4" Plus my baby is almost 1 so I can't use that excuse too much longer.:giggle2:

Weight prior to last pregnancy-164
Gained 38 pounds during preg - 202
Current weight - 158
Goal weight - under 140 or preferably under 135

Erica

saving4earlyretirement
07-08-2008, 06:03:40 AM
I'm getting on board with this. I really need the support. I lost about 15 lbs and now I've starting the emotional eating again. I've gained about 8 lbs. I felt good yesterday when I signed on to weightwatchers.com and realized at one time I was 203.5! NO GOING BACK THERE! Therefore, I wanted to post my highest weight just for a reminder. I will turn 40 in March and have made some goals for myself for this year. Of course the first one is losing weight.

starting weight - 188.5 (7/7/08)
highest weight - 203.5 (9/10/02)
goal - 130 (last seen about a month before getting married in 9/1998!).

Ronalyn

MamaVader
07-08-2008, 05:59:28 PM
Welcome ladies :wavehi:

emily26505
07-09-2008, 09:49:51 AM
:welcome92:

btw, sorry if this has already been mentioned, but it would be cool if we could put together some sort of RAOK for a member who accomplishes a goal for themselves. not really a contest who can lose the most weight, but someone who has proven to be very determined or something. maybe that would add a little motivation for some people. :smile:

MamaVader
07-09-2008, 03:42:24 PM
Ah, great minds think alike. :smile: We actually just thought of that very thing about 2 days ago. We have several ideas percolating, but are definitely open to suggestions. Let's get this joint jumpin" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CoffeeMom
07-22-2008, 01:34:35 PM
Can I join too? I had my baby in April and gained...wait for it...81 pounds, and he was only 8 1/2 of it! I was a real Pregzilla...poor DH didn't get to finish his own plate for the last trimester :whistle:

Here's the embarrassing truth:

Height: 5'3

Pre-preggo: 130 lbs even

Delivery weight: 211 lbs

Current weight: 167 lbs

Goal: To get to 140lbs before I get knocked up again :wink7:

By the way, my name is Jess. Good luck to everyone in the challenge!

Cin42382
07-22-2008, 02:51:25 PM
Welcome Jess! Congrats on the little one:)

Tammylane
08-10-2008, 12:36:55 PM
Can I get in on the Weight Loss Challenge? Several years ago I weighed right at 250 lbs and managed to lose about 75 lbs. Then I got slack and my weight is creeping up. I don't even know what my current weight is at the moment cause I reached a point where I just stopped stepping on the scale. I would love to get in on the weigh in for Monday.

Thanks and my name is Tammy.

CouponClipper15
09-28-2008, 11:21:18 PM
I'm 125 wanting to get down to 100, but 115 will do for now.

sns4063
10-01-2008, 11:21:24 AM
Ok ladies, it's the first of the month, and I have made the mental decision to start losing weight! I'm not 100% sure of what my current weight is, but I'll go weigh myself this afternoon. I hate to say it, but it's well over 300lbs, in fact, over 350, which is just plain shameful to me. I was married in April 2004 weighing in at about 240ish but have had two kids since. I was in a super bad depression last year and well into this year....leading to continuous eating and the eventual weight gain. Of course, that is not a good excuse, but it's what happened. I am in a better mental state to do this weight loss now (I have lost 80+lbs before getting married, so I know what I'm in for). I am planning on taking an EMT class in January, so I have to be in much better shape to be able to lift patients, etc, so it gives me a real goal and set timeline for weight loss. Any words of encouragement are very welcome!

MamaVader
10-01-2008, 07:40:43 PM
I'm 125 wanting to get down to 100, but 115 will do for now.

Welcome and good luck :smile:

MamaVader
10-01-2008, 07:48:00 PM
Ok ladies, it's the first of the month, and I have made the mental decision to start losing weight! I'm not 100% sure of what my current weight is, but I'll go weigh myself this afternoon. I hate to say it, but it's well over 300lbs, in fact, over 350, which is just plain shameful to me. I was married in April 2004 weighing in at about 240ish but have had two kids since. I was in a super bad depression last year and well into this year....leading to continuous eating and the eventual weight gain. Of course, that is not a good excuse, but it's what happened. I am in a better mental state to do this weight loss now (I have lost 80+lbs before getting married, so I know what I'm in for). I am planning on taking an EMT class in January, so I have to be in much better shape to be able to lift patients, etc, so it gives me a real goal and set timeline for weight loss. Any words of encouragement are very welcome!

Welcome and good luck. For anybody who is interested, every Monday we (usually me, but sometimes somebody else does it) posts a WLC weighin thread. It has really helped me not quit. I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, but I have lost a little and I haven't given up and started gaining again. And we have a WLC thread for exercise as well. So again, welcome and good luck to one and all. :smile:

angeleyeza
10-02-2008, 09:36:33 AM
Can I join in I still got alot of jiggle to lose Im kind of like a midsize jello jiggler my current weight is 155 Id like to be at a healthy 130-135 im 5'2" today I did start a exercising and noticed I was way out of shape. I used to exercise 5 times a wk dont know what happened. I got out the exercise bands, and exercise ball today and did a half hr of excersise. slow start I guess. esp with a 18 month old and a 4 yr old running around ravid. I did lose 60 lbs in 2 yrs and have kept it off. I was down to 144 but after I stopped exercising and summertime came I just kept saying 'ill do it tomorrow" and it never came. I know slap my patties . But I want to get back in shape. any help will be appreciated. I have a small stepper. exercise bands, exercise ball, and plan on buying some cheap 2-3lbs weights . My work ethics dont help any I work at a potato chip plant that manufacturers and sells potato chips and other snack foods. and the temptations are always there.

angeleyeza
10-02-2008, 09:50:30 AM
my grandmother always told me "a lb lost today is a lb I dont have to worry about tomorrow" I believe you can do it. Just take one day at a time. After I had Stormy I was 225 lbs and lost 60 lbs but It took me almost 2 yrs to do it and keep it off. stay focused on your goal. set up mini goals for each week. for example. take one week and not eat no junk food for that week and reward yourself with a new lipstick. but for every day that you do eat junkfood at $1-2 to your Diet jar for a penalty.hope this helps.

MamaVader
10-02-2008, 10:20:28 AM
Can I join in I still got alot of jiggle to lose Im kind of like a midsize jello jiggler my current weight is 155 Id like to be at a healthy 130-135 im 5'2" today I did start a exercising and noticed I was way out of shape. I used to exercise 5 times a wk dont know what happened. I got out the exercise bands, and exercise ball today and did a half hr of excersise. slow start I guess. esp with a 18 month old and a 4 yr old running around ravid. I did lose 60 lbs in 2 yrs and have kept it off. I was down to 144 but after I stopped exercising and summertime came I just kept saying 'ill do it tomorrow" and it never came. I know slap my patties . But I want to get back in shape. any help will be appreciated. I have a small stepper. exercise bands, exercise ball, and plan on buying some cheap 2-3lbs weights . My work ethics dont help any I work at a potato chip plant that manufacturers and sells potato chips and other snack foods. and the temptations are always there.

Welcome, I would say you have made a good start already. A half hour of exercise is not a slow start at all. I think I started with a half mile walk, which probably took me about 15 minutes when I first started. Now I can do a 20 minute mile on a good day. :)

cheap-o
10-15-2008, 09:04:30 AM
Hi, just started with Atkins yesterday. I want to loose about 20lb to fit into all the clothes I have. Not a big challange but still. Wish me luck durring the holidays!

MamaVader
10-16-2008, 09:25:50 AM
Hi, just started with Atkins yesterday. I want to loose about 20lb to fit into all the clothes I have. Not a big challange but still. Wish me luck durring the holidays!

Good luck! :BigHand:

cspigner28
12-03-2008, 11:05:16 PM
:wavehi:
Any chance a new challenge is coming up in Jan?? I need the extra motivation to stay on track, not doing to well lately, especially since Thanksgiving:whistle67::shrug7:

MamaVader
12-04-2008, 12:37:06 AM
Any chance a new challenge is coming up in Jan?? I need the extra motivation to stay on track, not doing to well lately, especially since Thanksgiving:whistle67::shrug7:

I don't know if anyone has plans to start a brand new challenge. I just keep posting away in the old one. :giggle2: I think it has really helped me to not totally backslide like I've always done in the past.

Every Monday someone posts the WLC Weigh In (usually me), and it is open to any and all. Also the WLC - I Challenge You thread is for exercise and also is open to all.

I know what you mean about Thanksgiving. I was glad I "only" gained a pound or so, but going to try to at least not gain anymore thru the rest of the holidays. Anyways, feel free to post in either of those two threads if you like. :wavehi:

MamaBird06
12-05-2008, 04:34:19 PM
I don't know if anyone has plans to start a brand new challenge. I just keep posting away in the old one. :giggle2: I think it has really helped me to not totally backslide like I've always done in the past.

Every Monday someone posts the WLC Weigh In (usually me), and it is open to any and all. Also the WLC - I Challenge You thread is for exercise and also is open to all.

I know what you mean about Thanksgiving. I was glad I "only" gained a pound or so, but going to try to at least not gain anymore thru the rest of the holidays. Anyways, feel free to post in either of those two threads if you like. :wavehi:

I think i posted some months back, but never really followed through on my w/l plans. Well i am back in the game as of this past tuesday. It wasn't a thought out thing, it was just i woke up ate breakfast w/the family and talked to dh about needing to lose weight, all my jeans are too tight to wear, and decided to make an effort. Last aug to oct. 07 i tried this plan called Eat to Live and believe me it is gruelling, to sum it up it is a low fat, low sodium, low sugar, low carb vegan diet. I have modified it a bit, but last year when i did the diet i never felt better, i mean there so many benefits other than the weight loss. No seasonal allergies, period cramps were gone, flow lighter and shorter, my complexion cleared up, higher libido, more overall energy and after the first couple weeks, my body stopped craving the sugary/fatty foods from before. Of course we moved to our first home in nov. of last year and the diet went out the window and i never picked up on it again, until now... i have cheated a bit everyday, like having a couple crackers, but not anything too extreme. The main thing about this diet is that you don't starve, anytime you are hungry eat, eat until you're stuffed, stuffed w/salad or fruit or nuts, but full none the less...

MamaVader
12-08-2008, 09:14:22 PM
I think i posted some months back, but never really followed through on my w/l plans. Well i am back in the game as of this past tuesday. It wasn't a thought out thing, it was just i woke up ate breakfast w/the family and talked to dh about needing to lose weight, all my jeans are too tight to wear, and decided to make an effort. Last aug to oct. 07 i tried this plan called Eat to Live and believe me it is gruelling, to sum it up it is a low fat, low sodium, low sugar, low carb vegan diet. I have modified it a bit, but last year when i did the diet i never felt better, i mean there so many benefits other than the weight loss. No seasonal allergies, period cramps were gone, flow lighter and shorter, my complexion cleared up, higher libido, more overall energy and after the first couple weeks, my body stopped craving the sugary/fatty foods from before. Of course we moved to our first home in nov. of last year and the diet went out the window and i never picked up on it again, until now... i have cheated a bit everyday, like having a couple crackers, but not anything too extreme. The main thing about this diet is that you don't starve, anytime you are hungry eat, eat until you're stuffed, stuffed w/salad or fruit or nuts, but full none the less...

Hmm, that sounds like something I need to look into. Good luck to you
with your weight loss/get healthy plans. :smile:

carisal
12-08-2008, 09:16:16 PM
:wavehi: hmm, I think it is time for me to join in since it is looking like either that or go shopping for new clothes..... :wink7:

Cari

current (starting) weight - 195
goal - 160

(background: had a baby 8.5 months ago, oddly enough.... have gone from 177 when I gave birth to my current weight of 195(I actually got down to 160 a few weeks after having her, but then started gaining)... when I got pregnant I weighed 142, a weight I maintained for one year after losing 86 lbs over 2 years, my highest weight was 228. I ave no plans at the moment to try to get back down to 142, as looking back I feel that was too low for my frame. I feel I look my best at about 160, no lower than 150)