PDA

View Full Version : Getting Organized in 2008 - Everyone Please Check In

MablesTable
04-17-2008, 11:24:43 AM
Hi Everyone!

After helping take care of my sick mom, (thankfully she is better now)
An then rushing back to Michigan because my grandpa passed away.
Things have been a bit crazy around here.
But . . . I am back to the boards, and getting back into the swing of things.

I haven't seen any postings about organizing in sometime on the boards.
An I want to get back to it.
So I am going to be starting daily check in threads again. Starting Monday
April 21st, 2008
Anyone and Everyone can join.
Please let us know in this thread if you are going to continue with us, or maybe you are someone new that would like to join us. :biggrin:

Can't wait to see what we can all get done before the kids get out of school!

MablesTable
04-21-2008, 04:26:30 AM
Anyone? Because if no one else wants to do this. I will just keep track of my own effort in my blog. :frown:

par_kit
04-21-2008, 04:51:36 AM
Actually, I would love to do this again! I've been VERY BAD lately. *L* I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks though for a vacation, but I'm definitely in again! I've missed the threads!!!!

gettinrevvin2007
04-21-2008, 05:29:39 AM
I fell off this wagon, in the first two days, last time. We just moved, and I'm still unpacking, organizing, etc. Life has just been too hectic. I think it is a great thread topic for those that can actually stick w/ it.

Leann
04-21-2008, 05:32:26 AM
Can you tell me what we're doing??

ILv2Shop
04-21-2008, 08:39:10 PM
I'm not sure either. We are both kinda new so that must be why we are in the dark. Leann, a member told me about a cool site though for organization...flylady. Thats her address. She is a dot com. I guess alot of others on hcw are familiar with her site.

bhnash
04-21-2008, 10:03:41 PM
I'm interested in getting back to posting my decluttering adventure :) I've got company coming in a week or two (date unsure at this time) so I've got tons to do in that time.

Leann
04-22-2008, 02:55:22 AM
WOW, that site has a lot of stuff, thanks Lv2. It would drive me nuts to get that many e mails though. For me getting organized is easier than staying that way. I keep my car and desk clean, and my room pretty well clean, the rest it seems I'm always fighting. My basement right now (hubby's area really) needs a bulldozer...I mean TLC.
I'm ready though, so where do we begin??

MablesTable
04-22-2008, 09:09:18 AM
Since I have been busy the yesterday and today with some ebay things.
I will start a daily check in thread M-F starting tomorrow.
That way we can all check in, and say what we will be working on that day.

You might be emptying a box, or a whole room project. Whatever you feel you need to work on that day or few days and get done.
It is just a way to keep us all on track and motivated.
An of course before and after pics are always welcomed.

wendypsaves
04-22-2008, 09:20:06 AM
Tasha - thanks so much for starting this again! It's been on my mind lately, too. We're having a big yard sale in three weeks, so I could really use the accountability.

Leann
04-22-2008, 10:10:47 AM
OK, guess I was inspired. Today I did a small room in my basement. It took a little over 2 hours. It was an old coal room, we are kinda using it for storage. I started it a couple weeks ago, and stopped, and today it is done!! I also go 2 bags of junk, and a bag of trash out. WOW, think I'll go clean something this afternoon.

MablesTable
04-22-2008, 04:38:38 PM
WTG Leann!
I didn't do much organizing today.
But I did make cookies and shared some with the neighbors. LoL
First time I ever made Betty Crocker cookies from the pouch.
But they were in the stockpile. Made 4dz cookies for $1 Not bad!

MichelleUCF
04-22-2008, 04:57:21 PM
I wish I knew how to clean, organize and declutter. I just get so overwhelmed sometimes. I have so much "stuff" and don't know where to put it all. My mom calls me the "product queen" because I have SO MANY PRODUCTS. And this was before I learned about all the free HBA's from CVS :hysterical:

In my bedroom, on my dresser I have all kinds of makeup and about 30 perfume bottles. It's easy to say "just get rid of some of the stuff"....but for me it's not easy. I really do use the different perfumes....but I have no where to store the bottles, other than on my dresser.

I would love for any suggestions on getting organized!

MablesTable
04-22-2008, 05:26:23 PM
Michelle, how about some small glass shelfs above your dresser to hold and display your perfume bottles?

Leann
04-22-2008, 07:00:18 PM
TY, I love to organize. I am great at tossing and reorganizing, my problem is keeping it that way....I have friends that always had me clean out their house. It's great to have some inspiration right now while I'm not working! Thanks op for getting me there!!

MablesTable
04-22-2008, 10:15:10 PM
I wanted everyone to know I posted the daily thread for 4/23/08 HERE (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/personal-challenges-support/108035-getting-organized-4-23-08-a.html#post809901)
See You There! :wavehi:

hholder
04-23-2008, 03:09:00 AM
Can I join? Last semester, one of my students volunteered to help me organize my teaching ( I teach college prealgebra & beginning algebra), saying that it would help in all other areas of my life also. Well, so much for good intentions, my life is DISORGANIZED! Help!

cam&lexysmommy
04-25-2008, 07:28:52 AM
Hi! My goal is to be an organized mom!

MablesTable
04-25-2008, 11:39:47 AM
Of course you can join us!
Anyone can join us!

pkchicken
04-30-2008, 06:39:24 PM
I'm checking in. It took me 3 weeks to get started but I went through my closet in 2 days. I may have reduced it by half I'm not sure.

Funny, it's still crowded in there. What does that mean?

I have lots of things to bag up for donating to the thrift store.

Next job, ....sorting thru the shampoo, bathsoap, vitamins, excedrin.....that I had to stash right quick so DH wouldn't pick on me.

pk