So what’s for dinner tonight? Chicken Tamale Pie
[pullquote align=”right”]More Dinner Ideas!
- Sweet Corn and Bacon Skillet Mac & Cheese – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Stuffed Taco Bell Peppers: It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Chinese Turkey Lettuce Wraps – It’s What’s For Dinner!
Nothing in this dish is super expensive making this a rather frugal meal. And I would think that you could make a double batch and freeze one pie for later creating a easy freezer meal.
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided (see our recipe for homemade taco seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce – I recommend going with an authentic Mexican brand
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheese (I used Raclette – random, I know, but it’s what I had on hand, and it ended up being delicious!)
- cilantro and crumbled Cotija cheese for topping
For the full recipe and directions please head on over to Pinch Of Yum!
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!