I discovered this recipe a couple of months ago on Pinterest and immediately added it to my “recipes to try” list. Since then I have made it 2 or 3 times and our family just really loves it. Tonight my husband and I are going on a date night (yeah us!) but I whipped up a batch of this meatloaf this morning and will leave instructions with the babysitter on how to bake it along with a bag of Asian steam-able frozen veggies. I know the kids will love it and I hope they leave me some leftovers for lunch tomorrow although I doubt it.
So what’s for dinner tonight?
- Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops: It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Caramelized Salmon – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Eggplant Parmesan Panini – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Sweet Corn and Bacon Skillet Mac & Cheese – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet – It’s What’s For Dinner!
This recipe uses ground chicken and some other basic Asian ingredients. I think the hardest thing for me to find in our local grocery store was the rice crackers. In fact I didn’t find them at all (Wyoming is not exactly known as the mecca of international cuisine!). So I substituted low salt saltine crackers which seemed to work. I suppose you could use unseasoned bread crumbs. The rest of the ingredients are pretty easy to source. And while this recipe uses ground chicken, you can totally use ground turkey too. In fact that is what I usually do since I can get some good deals with coupons on it more than I can ground turkey.
- 1 lb. Tyson ground chicken
- 1 lb. meatloaf mix (usually ground beef and pork)
- 1 pkg rice crackers
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup green onions
- 2-3 tbsp rice vinegar
- sesame seeds (optional)
For the full recipe and directions please head on over to East 9th Street!
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!