This week my local Albertsons has boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.88 a lb. Which is a pretty decent price for my area so I defiantly stocked up with several packages and packaged them up for the freezer. However I left out some chicken for dinner this evening…
So what’s for dinner tonight?More Dinner Ideas!
- Chicken Tamale Pie – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Copycat Wendy’s Apple Pecan Salad – It’s What’s For Dinner
- Sweet Corn and Bacon Skillet Mac & Cheese – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Pizza Ree-a (Bruschetta Pizza) – It’s What’s For Dinner!
This recipe just LOOKS amazing and the ingredient list is pretty straightforward. Nothing too exotic there. There is some balsamic vinegar in there which can be pricey, but I often find bottles of it on store clearance and pick them up whenever I can. The stuff never goes bad and the only reason it is on markdown is usually because they changed their packaging or something.
- 4 (6 ounce each) boneless, skinless chicken breast, or chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the full recipe and directions please head on over to Mother Thyme!
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!