So what’s for dinner tonight? Eggplant Parmesan Panini
[pullquote align="right"]More Dinner Ideas!
- Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Caramelized Salmon – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops: It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage Skillet – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Stuffed Taco Bell Peppers: It’s What’s For Dinner!
Nothing in this recipe is super expensive. It is summer the height of eggplant season. You could be growing it in your garden, finding it at your local grocery store or farmers market. And then of course you need a way to make your panini.
Option #1 – use a heavy skillet or a brick (wrapped in aluminum foil) to weight your sandwich.
Option #2 – use a Panini press. I already own this lovely Cuisinart Panini Press which I adore and use all the time. This particular model allows me to make any type of panini sandwich I want plus we can use it to “grill” meats and veggies indoors too.
- Use the recipe for Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 Loaf Chicago Style Bread (Using as many slices as you need for sandwiches)
- Several Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce for dipping
- 2-4 fresh basil leaves
For the full recipe and directions please head on over to New South Food Company!
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!