So what’s for dinner tonight? Chicken, Spinach and Cannellini Bean Quesadillas
[pullquote align="right"]More Dinner Ideas!
- Eggplant Parmesan Panini – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Chinese Turkey Lettuce Wraps – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Stuffed Taco Bell Peppers: It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage Skillet – It’s What’s For Dinner!
- Ground Beef & Rice-a-Roni Meatballs – It’s What’s For Dinner!
This frugal recipe looks like it is right up my alley. It utilizes leftover cooked chicken, spinach which I happen to have growing in my “garden” (we have things in pots on the patio) and canned beans. But if you don’t have spinach growing in your garden a bag of baby spinach is pretty cheap. Easy peasy. Nothing expensive here!
- 1 1/2 -2 cups seasoned, cooked and diced chicken breast meat
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 banana pepper, diced
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (heaping) TBSP all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
For the full recipe and directions please head on over to The Other Side Of 50!
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!