At about $2.00 per serving this Summer Veggies and Kielbasa Skillet recipe
won’t heat up your wallet, or your kitchen. Produce coupons are few and far between, the next best thing is to buy in season. Buying fruit and vegetables in season often means they’ll be cheaper and better quality. Vegetables in season are easier to come by for the stores so therefore cheaper for them to purchase, savings are passed to you. But if you have a green thumb these vegetables are all moderately simple to grow in your own backyard. Using only 2 dishes keeps prep and cleanup at a minimum.
Gather your ingredients
Cut up your veggies and kielbasa.
Toss with olive oil and seasonings.
Saute until cooked and yummy!
Summer Veggies and Kielbasa Skillet
- 2 packages kielbasa
- 1 large onion
- 2 summer squash
- 2 zucchini
- 2 sweet peppers (any color)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 2 tsps. garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice Kielbasa, squash, and zucchini, and potato’s into “coins” of uniform size, cut in half again.
- Slice onions, and peppers into strips and then in half.
- Toss everything into a bowl with olive oil and seasonings, stir to coat evenly
- Brown ingredients in a large nonstick pan over medium heat until squash and onions start to become translucent. (This is quite a bit and to be properly done I did it in 2 batches)
Check out these awesome posts too!