Every day in the month of June we are bringing you a yummy popsicle recipe in our 30-Days of Popsicle Recipes
series! Be sure to check back each day to see what new icy-cold Popsicle treats we have in store for you!
If you like Key Lime pie you are going to love these because basically what you have here is frozen key lime pie on a stick sans the crust. These are tart and creamy and just delicious. My 16 year old loves tart and says these are her favorite so far.
For this recipe I used a combo of regular limes and bottled key lime juice because key limes were no where to be found in our local grocery stores. Feel free to squeeze your own fresh key limes if you can find them otherwise use the combo and they will taste terrific!
- 2 Fresh Limes
- Bottled Key Lime Juice
- 1 (14 Oz.) Can Fat-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Milk
- In the jar of a blender add the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- With a fine zester the two limes and add the zest to the blender.
- Juice the two limes and strain out the seeds and pour the juice into a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough bottled key lime juice to the measuring cup to equal 1 cup of lime juice.
- Pour lime juice into blender and add 1 cup of milk (I used fat-free) and blend until everything is mixed.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
- Unmold and enjoy!
Check out these awesome posts too!