Every day in the month of June we are bringing you a yummy popsicle recipe in our 30-Days of Popsicle Recipes
series! Be sure to check back each day to see what new icy-cold Popsicle treats we have in store for you
With a recent score of a flat of blueberries I just knew I had to make a Blueberry Lemon popsicle recipe. It is such a classic flavor combination. The lemon cream is swirled layered with some juicy blueberries and it is just PERFECT for a hot summer day!
Blueberry Lemon Popsicle Recipe
- 1 Cup Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Cup Cup Sugar, Divided
- 1 Cup Cream
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Lemon
- In a small saucepan cook the blueberries and 1/4 cup sugar until the berries pop and release their juices. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the milk and cream and the other 3/4 cup sugar and stir until dissolved.
- With a zester zest the lemon and add the zest to the cream.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and add juice (straining to remove seeds as needed) to the cream mixture.
- Stir mixture once more to combine and make sure the sugar is fully dissolved into the liquid.
- Layer the lemon cream and blueberry mixture in three layers, beginning and ending with the lemon cream with a layer of blueberry in the middle, into your popsicle mold.
- Freeze until solid.
- Unmold and enjoy!
You can also just mix the blueberry mixture into the lemon cream if you don’t want to mess with layering. It works either way!
Check out these awesome posts too!