What you will need:
- Construction Paper
- Glue (I used washable glue sticks)
- Pipe Cleaner (I had these in my craft stash already from the Dollar Tree)
- Cupcake liners (I had left overs from parties as well as a pack I’d picked up from Valentines clearance)
- String, ribbon or yarn if making the banner
If you are making these with very small children who can’t use scissors you may want to do the first 2 steps before hand.
- Cut pipe cleaners to length if necessary (I cut mine in half & some in thirds).
- Cut a small slit in the center of the cupcake liner.
- Bend the end of a pipe cleaner into a curve.
- Push the straight end throw the hole in the middle of the cupcake liner.
- On the inside of the cupcake liner tape the pipe cleaner to the cupcake liner.
- Lay your umbrellas on a flat surface back side facing up, spacing them out how you want your banner to look.
- Place a piece of string, ribbon or yarn near the top of the umbrella.
- Tape the string to the cupcake liner & hang.